DevOps Software Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Software Engineer has a strong role in three of the main components of DevOps team: 3’rd Level Support, Deployment and Development functions but not limited to. There are other functions also delivered from the team like Capacity & Performance, Solution Architect, all in BSS Applications landscape of “Device Connectivity Platform”.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- 3rd Level Application Support
- 3rd Level Support for Owned Applications
- Incident Resolution
- Workaround Analysis and Proposal
- Root Cause Analysis
- Develop Application Changes
- responsible for the development (coding) of the new or enhanced applications based on the requirement specifications
- Deployment Execution
- Deployment Execution
- Ensure Release Package Integrity
- Efficiency improvement management
- Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements and automation and excellence in service delivery
- Consultancy and expertise provided to other operational groups
- Interaction and exchange of information between functions; System Integration, Research and Development, Operational teams, Capacity and Performance to name a few.
- Knowledge of Java programming languages and POO concepts.
- Expertise in Web Servers, Application Servers and Middleware applications such as: Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Switchard, Oracle WEB Logic, JSon, Rest, Web Services, Soap, LDAP
- Previous experience in IT environment in a relevant field such as applications administration and development.
- Experience designing and/or testing of software applications
- Knowledge in software deployment, management and configuration tools (Ansible, Kubernetes & Docker containers, Openshift) is a plus
- Experience with scripting languages: Ksh, Bash, Perl
- Experience with Databases: Oracle, SQL, MySql
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 266410