1st level ICT Technician
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are now looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Technician. You will operate support software solutions for the internal Ericsson users. As an ICT Technician, you will ensure a stable environment and optimize the solutions/services to the agreed service levels in a cost efficient and timely manner. You will be responsible for configuring and managing solutions based on BMC's Remedy Action Request System (ARS) applications; Service Desk, Asset Management, Change Management, Service Level Management and Service Request Management.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Work on incidents such as Application Failure, User Request, How To;
- You will maintain the environment at an operative state
- Preventive maintenance activities such as monitoring servers, applications logs, systems files;
- Maintain the Service Delivery Level within the agreed SLAs;
- Create and publish knowledge articles for reuse by support team, Service Desk or end users;
- Identify the severity of the alarms and the events and initiate recovery actions;
- Necessary escalate to next line support;
- IT process, tools and infrastructure knowledge;
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills;
- Ability to work in shifts 24/7;
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations;
- Knowledge of Linux, SQL (good to have);
- Good knowledge of English (written & spoken);
- Passionate about discover new trends in the ICT area and to share the knowledge in the team;
- Communicative person, fast learner, open minded;
- Education: Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum years of experience: min 6 months/ 1 year;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, flexible, reliable
- Very good spoken and written English
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.