Ericsson One Sweden Strategy Director
Ericsson One Sweden is one of the three innovation hubs that will drive our growth strategy in emerging businesses and technologies. We incubate ideas using the strength of Ericsson's technology leadership and the agility of lean startup methodologies. Under our care, ideas mature from a simple prototype to a self-sustaining startup that can future-proof Ericsson's business and empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. We are a highly driven, creative and entrepreneurial team and we are now looking for a Strategy Director to join us.
You will define the investment roadmap for the hub, drive capital and resource allocation decisions, identify opportunities for new business development & innovation partnering activities, and deliver competitive intelligence and foresight in conjunction with external customers, partners, startups, academia and industry stakeholders.
- You will develop the overall strategic vision for the Ericsson One Sweden hub in alignment with the Growth Strategy for the Technologies & Emerging Businesses unit
- Perform strategic analysis using insight from the Ericsson One Sweden Ecosystem and Technology teams, using an outside-in approach to identifying new growth areas, as well as gaps that will benefit from co-creation or collaboration with external stakeholders (e.g. startups, VCs or other corporate incubators)
- Assess the business potential for emerging technologies and projects under incubation in our hub
- Support with business modelling and business case development by identifying opportunities or gaps
- Manage strategic partnerships and alliances with internal stakeholders (Ericsson Venture Capital, M&A, Strategy and Business Areas) and external stakeholders (venture capital firms, strategic design firms etc.)
- Guide strategic investments and divestmentsat at every incubation toll gate (e.g. Dragon's Den)
- Manage portfolios from a strategic alignment perspective and coordinate with the Silicon Valley and Beijing innovation hubs
- Identify new growth areas development and innovation collaborations
- MBA or similar set of theoretical skills, otherwise MSc.
- 3+ years in a business development or strategic role within a startup OR, 3+ years working with venture capital OR min 5 years of experience of relationship sales within the ICT, automotive or manufacturing industries
- Significant project management experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Pain-point driven approach to strategy development that is influenced by design thinking and UX consideration
- Awareness of emerging technologies and minimum viable business models
- Entrepreneurial mindset and understanding of lean-startup methodologies
- Understanding of the UN's sustainable development goals and how we can integrate them into our growth strategy is a strong plus
Faisal Noor - Primary Recruiter
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || ProdMgt
Req ID: 266298