Test Automation Developer
Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Our team is part of the "Middleware IP and OS" (MIPOS) development center and responsible for the vDicos and Data Management Solutions of the Component Based Architecture (CBA).
The solutions built on the following common components:
- vDicos Execution Environment provides a C/C++ application environment, backward compatible with the Ericsson Telecom Server Platform (TSP). The aim of providing the TSP API and functions – directly or indirectly through other components - is to execute the numerous existing, strategically very important TSP-based applications (see e.g. IMS & VoLTE) in a CBA cluster with minimal porting effort.
- The DBS implements an in-memory, noSQL but object-oriented, cluster-wide distributed database management system.
- The Database Access Service (DAS) provides database technology agnostic interface towards the applications for communicating with the data tier.
Our I&V team is responsible for the verification of the components against functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. characteristics, robustness, stability, security, overload). This is done by running automated testcases. Development of the (JCAT-based) test automation framework and the testcases in Java, and the evaluation of the test results are belonging to the team’s responsibilities too.
Our component verification often requires large capacity, scalable cluster-based test infrastructure on virtualized HW.
We are looking for a candidate who
- is passionate in challenging the system (under test)
- is real team-player, familiar with agile WoW
- has flexible mindset but clear quality focus
We also expect that you have solid technical knowledge / experience and willingness of the following areas:
- Java7, Java8 application programming
- test automation experience (JCAT preferred)
- understanding about distributed systems with some troubleshooting experience
- good knowledge in English, both written and spoken
- container based testing (Docker swarm, Kubernetes)
- Linux configuration and troubleshooting
- OSI-ISO based protocol stack (ARP, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, SCTP)
- IP network configuration and troubleshooting
- IP-based protocols: static, dynamic routing
- virtualization technologies and cloud (VMware - ESX, KVM, VirtualBox, OpenStack)
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
Location: 1117 Budapest, Magyar Tudósok Körútja 11.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Req ID: 266278