Experienced Researcher in Cloud Services
Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Experienced Researcher in Cloud Services
The team where you will be working belongs to the Cloud Systems and Platforms department at Ericsson Research. Our overall mission is to make Cloud easy and performant by investigating ideas and concepts that are ahead of current products and services. In the department we investigate all aspects of the cloud stack, including data center operations, future cloud infrastructure, core cloud components, and cloud services. In addition, we also support Ericsson’s strategic vision with cloud-based offerings and emerging businesses.
Ericsson Research provides the Ericsson group with next-generation technologies and disruptive concepts. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson units and together with partners, customers, universities and research institutes. Ericsson Research incorporates hundreds of research professionals all over the world and is organized into fundamental competence areas.
Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technology and new discoveries? Then Ericsson Research is the place for you!
We are currently expanding the Cloud Services team with two new positions. You will be growing your skills and tackling the challenges in one of the following research fields: aaS cloud delivery models, service management automation or distributed edge cloud.
As an Experienced Researcher, you will build and transfer technology competence to ensure Ericsson’s technology leadership in one of the following research fields: aaS cloud delivery models, service management automation or distributed edge cloud. To this effect, your role and responsibilities include:
• Developing novel concepts, solutions and algorithms together with a team of inspiring researchers;
• Presenting and documenting prototypes and concept demonstrations, where we put emphasis on the quality and re-usability of the developed software components;
• Protecting your research ideas with patents;
• Contributing to Ericsson technology strategy in cloud services;
• Acting in external relations (e.g. with customers, universities, standardization, etc.);
• Introducing the research solutions into product development;
• Disseminating your research results in scientific publications;
• And/or supervising and coaching other researchers.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• PhD degree (or Master’s degree with relevant experience in academia or industry) in Computer Science, Computing engineering, or related technical fields
• Software development experience in one or more common programming languages
• Strong background or hands-on experiences or research & development experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Cloud service design, modeling and evaluation
- Cloud and edge computing
- Cloud software design
- Service-oriented architecture or microservices architecture or distributed software systems
- Service: Blueprints, Discovery, Composition, (Distributed) Deployment, Monitoring, Life Cycle Management, Orchestration and/or Exposure
- Service automation
- Virtualization and container technologies
- XaaS: operations, cloud delivery models and architecture
- Designing and building service marketplace(s)
- Blockchain and distributed database technologies
- Network automation
- Data privacy, e.g. multi-tenancy management and isolation
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Knowledge or background in ETSI MEC & NFV
• Experience in developing patents
• Experience in contributing to research communities, including conference papers and other research publications
• Experience in DevOps, such as CD/CI, testing and chaos monkey
• Experience in contributing to Open Source or leading Open Source projects
• An established personal network within academia and/or industry
• Project or team leadership experience
• Relevant work experience – including technology startup, full time industry experience, or as researcher in a lab
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it is ready. If you have specific questions you are welcome to email recruiter at email@example.com
Location: Kista, Sweden
Last day to apply is the 21st of February, 2019.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 266209