Principal Developer - Radio Main Technical Coordination
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
As 5G challenge and opportunities coming, the requirements towards product and portfolio become much more complex. It is very important to have a senior technical leader with broad product knowledge, industry insights and development competence can lead in shaping up strategical product requirements, develop front-edge technical solutions and drive the development technical direction.
The radio Main Technical Coordinator (TC) is one of the most key technical leaders, who is mainly working in the radio systemization phase during Ericsson 5G radio product development, managing the product portfolio by interacting with strategic product managers roadmap as well as PDU radio technical development plan. This will greatly influence Radio development strategy, radio product competitiveness, time to market, cost advantage and technical leadership.
The radio main technical coordinator is key position to hold radio product requirements to fulfil product deliverable for both ongoing release activities and even influence and support future product development plan, lead the group of talented system engineers and technical coordinators to innovate and develop key technology and products
- You will drive strategic technical leadership
- Perform requirement handling.
- Develop and test high quality products
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Develop competence in technical domain
- In early phases, the TC is contributing to the radio product portfolio roadmap and the technology strategy. The TC has an important role in balancing the requirements and driving decision-making to enable speed to the market while keeping the portfolio together and reducing the required development effort.
- In execution, the TC has the PDU’s delegated responsibility and authority in technical matters. The TC makes the priority calls/recommendations on which the segment program and product projects rely. The TC is supporting the segment program managers in all technical issues. The TC is also responsible for the project anatomy which is the main input document for project integration planning.
- The TC is overall responsible for driving negotiations and decisions on product requirements and chairs the requirements forum for the segment. The role supports a well-balanced and fact-based decision-making during development and at product release.
- The TC is expected to guide stakeholders and the involved parties through the complexity of the product and is required to understand the product status and its possible impacts in live operation. In addition, the TC shall be able to present product status in a good and understandable way.
- The TC positions in PDU Radio strengthen the radio development from early phases, through product development execution until customer launch and maintenance.
- Create the product development anatomy
- Identify technology enablers for radio solutions, take technology selection decisions, and contribute to technology supply strategy.
- Drive a portfolio view on technical issues and coordinate with design, supply, sourcing, and product field trial team.
- Contribute to the definition of critical early test cases and overall test strategy in qualification and production.
- Interface strategic product management on the development and technical issues
- Monitor and analyze the market needs and trends, as well as competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, and strategies.
- Mentor, coach and grow Radio System team members to raise overall system competence level globally.
- Education: Master's degree on Electrical Engineering, Engineering or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Min years of experience: 20 years in Electronic/electrical relevant product development or min 15 years in telecom industry
- Fluency in English oral as well as written
- Domain experience: Radio Access Network products/services, Radio products, Baseband products, product development in telecom or relevant areas
- Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
- Business understanding
- Strong leadership skills, and team work spirit
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Planning and Organizing
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Valentyna Ivanova, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 266064