Embedded Software Expert
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Radio SW strives to be the most competitive Radio Network R&D unit in the industry. We work in an agile set-up to develop and maintain competitive, high-quality Radio products which give our customer solutions securing future growth.
Radio SW is part of the Product Development Unit (PDU) Radio within Development Unit Networks (DNEW) in Business Area Networks (BNEW). We are based in Kista, Stockholm. We also have a close corporation with development of PDU Radio products in Ottawa, Beijing, Nanjing, Chengdu, Lund and Zagreb.
Radio SW provides the possibility to work with the latest technology within telecommunication development. We can offer a rich number of opportunities in an everyday learning, creative and challenging atmosphere.
This position is intended to drive SW modularity for the Radio products. It is targeting the radio application responsible for mainly setting up the analog transmitting and receiving chains.
There is large opportunity to evolve the radio software strategy that today more or less is one module and handles variations through database parameters into something more modern that addresses scalability and flexibility. Software re-use and modularization are enablers to handle product variants and parallel development while maintaining quality. To separate the design of modules from system deployment and to enable modules with different life cycles within the product can increase quality and scalability. It requires a strategy with maintenance and life cycle management included. Software modules with clearly defined interfaces, defined with consideration to HW dependencies is a key enabler for a successful software module strategy with re-use between products.
For radio modularity we are now looking for a very experienced developer providing technical leadership for Radio SW.
- Drive the modularization strategy
- Drive the architecture of SW interfaces to support backwards combability and interface negotiation
- Define pre-development activities to achieve the strategic modularization work
- Drive a SW module perspective in product studies. The modules will, in many cases, have a HW dependency and keeping HW interfaces unchanged or backwards compatible enable a larger degree of module re-use.
- Drive simplification of our SW to improve readability and decrease the time for troubleshooting
- Drive usage of open source SW for increased focus on SW development that creates business value
- Create and drive a global SW competence plan to build up competence within the area of modularity and life cycle management
- Drive competence build up by mentorship internally to build new senior expertise within SW craftmanship
- Keep up-to-date within the latest research within software craftmanship and translate the results to relevant input to Radio SW
- Education: MSc in engineering or similar
- Min 10 years of relevant experience
- Domain experience: Realtime embedded SW close to HW, SW architecture
- Experience in technical leadership for soft- and/or hardware development teams
- Proficiency in C++
- Quality and efficiency minded, analytical thinking
- Good communication in English
- Creative, proactive, with passion to win.
- Familiar with radio/digital HW design is a strong plus
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 266044