Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
5G mobile networks will provide new capabilities to evolve existing services and create new services. The Ericsson 5G Core solution significantly expands the possibilities of mobile broadband and opens up a new dimension of use cases and business models. Opportunities include Fixed Wireless Access, Massive IoT and Critical IoT. It is not an understatement to say that the introduction of 5G can be a key component in a new industrial revolution. To provide a fast and smooth 5G introduction, Ericsson has launched the 5G Platform with enhanced solutions for radio and core networks.
The Ericsson Unified Data Management (UDM) and Policy portfolio offers solutions for Subscriber Data Management (SDM) and Policy Management towards telecommunication’s operators but also towards other segments as enterprises and verticals. In the Ericsson Unified Data Management and Policy Control domain, several enhancements are introduced to support 5G. The main features are 5G subscription management and new capabilities to support dynamic network slice selection, database slicing, and service & data exposure.
You will be in a team responsible for developing infrastructure and tools for 5G UDM solution. As an infrastructure DevOps Engineer, you will design and develop software solutions to support the whole application development lifecycle such as continuous integration, continuous delivery and deployment. You will be responsible for the smooth operations of the designed system. You will make significant contribution to an efficient end-to-end 5G application development by providing reliable and high quality infrastructure and tools.
- You will be a developer responsible for CI infrastructure development and operations
- Work with product owner, understand requirements in application development lifecycle
- Develop infrastructure-as-a-service solution to support 5G application development
- Write design documents to illustrate software component and interface design
- Perform trouble shooting to solve complex technical issues
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Develop competence in technical domain
- Proven track records of experience and achievements in software development projects
- Good at least on programming language, JAVA and Groovy preferred. Architectural knowledge and experience is a plus
- Deep understanding and experience of full software development lifecycle including continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Solid knowledge and experience of container and orchestration technology, such as Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiar with database technology. Telecom product knowledge is a plus
- Passionate and self-driven
- Education: University degree and above
- Minimum years of experience: 1 years
- Product development knowledge
- Excellent English both oral and written.
- A good team worker
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Challenge taker, solves problems with creative and innovative solutions
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.