Principal Developer - Applied Data Analytics for DevOps
Get Ready – to shape the future with creation of new innovations within the Data Analytics area!
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Machine Intelligence at Ericsson
It will be practically impossible for human brains to comprehend how to run and optimize a 5G network, Machine Intelligence (MI) technologies will be vital for us to handle that complexity. MI, being a combination of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, is a key competence to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure that we use to power our 5G networks and services. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations to drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry. We develop state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and create new value through data insights.
The Principal Developer within the DevOps Analytics area shall secure and increase the speed of the transformation into data driven development, i.e. an organization where the degree of Insights, Automation and Intelligence in products and operations are increased with the help of data analytics.
The focus of the position is to increase efficiency in the development and release process for 4G and 5G products through an efficient DevOps way-of-working using advanced data analytics (ML/AI). This includes, for example, automating troubleshooting, automating quality verdicts, and identifying product quality issues in customer networks.
The position also ensures technical leadership in areas as: enabling value creation from vast amount of data from various sources, ensuring quality at an increasingly higher scheduled delivery rate, and ascertain that quality problems are identified and addressed.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
The Principal Developer, has authority and responsibility to:
· Contribute, execute and evolve vision and long-term strategy for DevOps Analytics
· Drive and evolve the field of exploration and analysis of massive data sets from customer´s network and internal data in combination with other relevant data sources
· Develop methodology and technology for advanced analytics
· Secure that accurate insights are made from the data to proactively address customer needs
· Identify and secure IPR´s
· Lead and drive transformation into data driven development
· Provide new business opportunities within exploration and analysis of 4G & 5G products
· The Principal Developer has also the responsibility for driving competence development in the area to address the importance of:
· Be an area thought leader, securing adequate formal and informal communication network, and coach colleagues
· Foster state-of-the-art know how by maintaining contacts or drive collaborations with Academia
· Mentoring and coaching to support organization to incorporate and make use of data analytics
· Keep up with and influence industry trends
· Strong skills in Machine Learning and statistics
· Programming skills in various languages (Python, C++, Scala, Java, R)
· Strong Software development skills: Data and machine learning pipelines/flows, micro services/cloud, Git, Linux, CI and unit testing
· Strong skills in Data Analytics/Machine Learning frameworks and applications: Spark, Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
· Good communication skills: Data visualization, presentations, written text
· Fluent language skills in written and spoken English
· Strong project management and interpersonal skills
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or related field
· Minimum 5 years of real world or research experience in data science
What are you looking for?
This is a great opportunity to be involved and shape the future in the Data Analytics/Machine Learning area for our mobile network technology and to build knowledge at the leading edge of the our connected IoT society. The unit has cutting edge competence and has close research cooperation with universities.
A career at Ericsson encourages you to aim high. You get to do your best, in a collaborative and constructive environment. We want you to think big, so we give you the freedom and support you need to turn your ideas into achievements. You will keep on learning throughout your career – we know that continuous learning is vital for retaining our position as a global leader in technology and services.
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden
Please submit your application in English as soon as possible - we are working continuously with candidate selection. For specific questions please reach out to the responsible recruiter: Sara at email@example.com.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT; R&D
Req ID: 265966