How you will deliver impact
The Strategy Manager role is primarily to lead Customer Strategic Engagements from start to end.
As a Strategy Manager, you will:
- Engage with customer executives and their teams to understand and advise on their challenges
- Define projects and approaches for solving customer problems and arrive at actionable recommendations. Being the day-to-day manager of project activities
- Take full responsibility for delivering complex projects from start to end
- Lead project teams of both internal Analysts and/or experts and customer stakeholders
- Leverage your consulting experience to bring best practices and methodologies
- Contribute as a subject matter expert within one or several areas relevant for international Customers
- Influence Customer strategy and ensure Ericsson is a Thought Leader in the Customer’s eyes
- Prepare materials for senior internal and external stakeholders (Ericsson Board of Directors, Capital Market days, Mobile World Congress etc.)
- Be an inspirational role model for your colleagues
Who you will work with
The Market Area Europe & Latin America (MELA) Strategy, Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility team is highly diverse and international. Our people have a background in top-tier strategy consulting, hold industry/domain expertise and have studied at leading business schools and technical universities. You will be working closely with project teams as well as contributing yourself; we need someone who can manage and be an individual contributor.
As a Strategy Manager in this team, you will lead Customer Strategic Engagements with the Top Customers of MELA, which include some of the largest and most complex Telecommunications Operators. Areas that are of interest for 2019 include 5G and IoT, whilst this may of course change over time. You should leverage the expertise and experiences of the wider Ericsson organization.
Who you are
You are an inspirational leader, with high capacity and a broad network.
You are an experienced management consultant with the following qualifications:
- Excellent academic track record from globally recognized business and/or engineering schools, typically with an advanced degree (M.Sc., PhD or MBA) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience and toolbox from top-tier management consulting firms, Private Equity or relevant Corporate Strategy roles
- Proven track record in leading and delivering management consulting projects, including project planning, problem structuring, and team and client management.
- Excellent command of business English and one major European or Latin American language
- International perspective and experience, as well as a willingness to travel >50% of your time.
- Prior strategy consulting experience in Telecom and Technology is highly valued (not mandatory).
- Domain expertise in 5G and/or IoT is highly valued
Who we are
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 per cent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 265955