Solution Development Engineer PC Solutions
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Who we are
Every time you use your smartphone, when you open an App or just place a call, you connect to internet – this connection is what we do!
Are you ready for a new challenge working for a department that encourages you to use your competence and skills and take them to new levels? We are looking for people who can contribute to Ericsson's market-leading packet core products and solutions.
We can offer an environment where you are continuously learning new things, where you have great team mates helping each other to reach you teams common goal. We apply agile and scrum methods in the teams to gain speed and accountability.
Product Development Unit Packet Core is a global R&D unit responsible for delivering products and solutions to our many global customers. We develop mobile core network nodes with market leading functionality, designed for cost effective, reliable, and secure operations.
Our department, PDG Solutions (former VNS), is responsible for the definition, implementation, validation, and release of Ericsson Packet Core Virtual Network Services (VNS) on multiple cloud and HW platforms. As part of the ongoing portfolio transformation, we are responsible for the Use Case Based Products based on Virtualized Network Functions (VNF). There is a unique VNS for each Market Segment; Internet of Things, Mobile Broadband, Enterprise, etc. The organization is also responsible for Network Integration & Verification, working with packet core features in an end-to-end, real node, environment including RAN and UE.
Solution Development Engineer Role Description
This position will let you engage in the development and validation of the VNS products as described above. You will be working in a team (5-6 persons) with the implementation of virtual network functions (VNF) on multiple cloud-based deployments, primarily by executing characteristics testing on solution level and creating needed assets and documentation for deployment of the products/solutions. You understand the importance of speed, quality and keeping customer commitments. You have high energy levels, are willing to learn new tasks and you are a team player who enjoys sharing your knowledge and skills with your colleagues.
Among the main tasks within the role, you will create scripts in Python that are used for the deployment of our solutions in different environments.
Technical competence wanted:
- Great Python scripting skills with experience
- Good to great verification experience including Troubleshooting skills
- Good system integration/implementation experience
- Good test result analytical capability at system test level
- Virtualization knowledge: VMs orchestration, Open vSwitch, SDN…
Good to have competence:
- General Datacom competence (TCP/IP, switching/routing, Wireshark, networking)
- Experience working with the DALLAS tool is extra valuable
- Tool/environment knowledge, e.g. JIRA, Git, Hansoft, EriDoc, etc.
- Experience writing CU/customer-oriented documentation: instructions, test reports
- Good Packet Core application hands-on experience
- Experience with Datacenter HW installation and integration
- OpenStack knowledge/hands-on experience
- Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) knowledge/hands-on
- Experience working with VMware and/or RedHat OpenStack is a major plus
The following personal skills and abilities are wanted:
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently when needed
- Strive to always be better in what you do
- Strong team player with a drive to push for excellence
- Transparent with your competence; learn and share with others
- Be proactive; drive improvements for the good of your team(s)
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- M.Sc., B.Sc. in the Computer, Electrical or Telecommunication Science or similar areas
- Good written and spoken English
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Please submit your application before 15th December 2018.
For specific questions please contact recruiter Miroslaw Cos Miroslaw.email@example.com.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 265860