Senior IT Network and application Operations Engineer
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for an IT Network and application Operations Engineer.
Our unit develops various systems and software for supporting services delivered by Ericsson to its customers. The tools cover a wide scope such as remote access, network planning and network performance monitoring. We are looking for candidates in the operations team of an Ericsson wide, business critical remote access solution which is designed and operated with security focused mindset. You will be responsible to for the smooth operation of a key asset for remote delivery and this way you can contribute to Ericsson success.
Working in our team will require to operate a global IT infrastructure including network, server and application and support its users. Due to wide range of components used, you will require broad IT knowledge and have opportunity to use it day-by-day. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role often requires you to take on driving the restoration of the service therefore it is important that you can work independently and in an agile manner.
• Daily operation of a global IT infrastructure (network, server, application)
• Be part of 24/7 on-call emergency support
• Analyzing system faults defining and executing corrective actions
• Submitting trouble reports and assisting developers in trouble shooting
• Participation in project and maintenance activities like upgrade, configuration administration of servers and firewall.
• MSc or BSc degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or relevant experience
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Precision, persistence, reliability, stress tolerance
• Good command of written and spoken English
• Open to learn new technologies
• Sound IP knowledge and hands-on experience with configuration of network elements (firewalls, routers etc.), experience with Juniper firewall or routers
• Linux/Unix administration experience
• VMware ESXi/Vcenter knowledge
• Server HW and storage administration knowledge is an advantage
What we offer
• Flexible working hours
• High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
• Easily accessible location
• Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
• International career opportunities
• Great team spirit, fun events
• Professional communities
• Extensive professional development opportunities
• Subsidized language courses
• Mobile with 4G, laptop
• Local medical service
• Relocation support
1097 Budapest, Könyves Kálmán krt. 11.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.