*To save time applying, we will not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time*
As a Technical Writer in the OSS Technical Publications team you will take an active role in the development of customer-facing product documentation. You will interact with other product team members, including Technical Publications, Product Management, Software Development, Quality Assurance, Professional Services, and Training teams, to determine documentation requirements, develop the content to meet those requirements, ensure that reviews are conducted, and deliver accurate documents on time.
- Create and update documentation, including user guides, in-context help, release notes, deployment and operations guides, APIs (Application Programming Interface), and SDKs (Software Development Kit)
- Coordinate and participate in technical and editorial documentation reviews
- Communicate technical information clearly, concisely, and correctly to meet customer expectations
- Collaborate and interact with product team members to research, develop, and verify content
- Understand and identify best practices for innovations in technical communication
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- University degree or College diploma in Technical Writing
- Minimum of 5 years' experience developing software documentation
- Organized, with an ability to manage time and adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Advanced technical writing skills, with an attention to detail and an aptitude for understanding and explaining technical information appropriately for the target audience
- Experience developing structured content using DITA and XML authoring tools, such as oXygen XML
- Experience with graphics tools, such as Snagit and Photoshop
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with version control systems (including Git), scripting, Confluence, and JIRA is an asset
- Familiarity with telecommunications and OSS
WHY IS ERICSSON A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 265717