LTE/5G Baseband SW Design/Developer (Experienced)
This role consists of designing, implementing and integrating software functionality for Ericsson’s products. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work. The role requires the employee to:
- Develop software, implementing new functionalities in C / C++ / Java code, often in a multi-core target environment
- Perform continuous analysis and Requirements Handling
- Apply knowledge of Real-Time Software development and wireless communication protocols (e.g. LTE, WCDMA)
- Work in a lab environment to trouble-shoot and integrate complex new pieces of software.
- Perform software deliveries using a software version control system
- Develop automated test cases to ensure existing functionality is never degraded by new software
- Document all system analysis, software designs and test plans
- Follow an Agile product development process, working collaboratively in small cross-functional teams.
- BSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Embedded/real-time development experience including debugging tools
- Strong C/C++ coding skills
- 5+ years SW development
- Development experience on a major wireless standard (LTE, WCDMA, WiMAX, WLAN)
- Experience working with software configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Clearcase
- LTE specific development experience
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python for example)
- Demonstrated experience in product life cycle: design-code-troubleshoot
- Wireless and telecom product experience
- Software development in a multi-core deployment scenario
- Potential Scrum Master role for suitable candidate.
- Scrum Master experience and/or co-ordination, leadership skills are assets
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt