Senior Software Engineers for Ericssons 4G and 5G Incubator unit
PDU 4G5G RAN-Incubator, SW Engineer, SW Researcher, SW Developer, Solution Integrator, SW Tester
Do you want to build new products based on brilliant ideas? Join the new RAN Incubator unit! As a part of the Ericsson strategy to strengthen R&D a new RAN Incubator unit is being set up. The purpose of the new unit is to strengthen and improve the R&D at Ericsson by taking new ideas and make products of them in a small-scale environment. Together with new products exploring new WoW and Tools is also part of the scope.
The organization you will become part of:
RAN-I, within the Product Development Unit (PDU) 4G&5G, is the new Incubator unit where we make brilliant new ideas grow into products. Our organization is newly formed, and we strive to strengthen it with skilled people with various experiences. Therefore, we are searching for people who are eager to create something exciting and want to join us on our journey.
We will be responsible for providing Radio Access development on a server / cloud infrastructure as a well as driving the ONAP management and orchestration into the 5G future. You will be one of the initial few bringing the solutions we develop from systemization to product introduction and release, taking an end-to-end product responsibility. You will be a key contributor when it comes to innovative mindset and making sure new methods and skills are tried out and developed.
What is important in this position?
The setup and responsibility of the RAN-I organization implies that the roles will be cross functional, i.e. you will not only work with systemization, implementation or verification but rather contribute within several tasks depending on the needs.
We will be a small group of people that will do it all and if we don’t do it, no one else will do it for us. This means that your personal qualities are important for us and we believe that you are productive, creative and interact easily with other people. You must be comfortable to work with unspecified roles and changing requirements. In addition, you can plan and drive your own work to reach common goals together with your team.
Furthermore, you have a can-do attitude with a positive mindset and always strive to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. In short – we are looking for a good mix of creativity, speed, ingenuity of design or problem-solving ability and dutifully getting to job done!
Minimum requirements for all profiles
· Solid background in computer science
· Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages like, C, C++, Java, etc.
· Experience in Linux based development
· Skilled in software architecture and design patterns
· A minimum of 1 years R&D experience / we welcome also newly graduated with matching skills
· Fluent in English in conversation and writing
Advantage if you have experience with one or more from the following:
· Knowledge in cellular networks
· Experience in virtualization, cloud, and container technologies as (OpenStack, Kubernetes and Docker)
· Experience in real time programming, embedded systems design and experience in lower-level computer systems, computer architecture
· Experience in acceleration (hardware and software)
· Experience with open source tool chains for continuous development and integration
· Experience in open source development and usage
· Experience of network and systems architecture
· Experience in Testing Framework, Build Environment, Continuous Integration and Test strategy
· Small company mindset
· New Products
· New Ways of Working
· New Tools
· Close Customer collaborations
· E2E responsibility, from requirements to delivery towards our customers
· Cloud computing
· Container technology
· Extended use of Open Source
*The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, upload your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.by applying to this ad. We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Hiring Manager: Christian Axell
Recruiter: Richard Tjong - email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Linköping || R&D
Req ID: 265497