Nov 25, 2018
We are now looking for a Consultant, who will drive and/or participate in customer engagements from lead generation to contract fulfilment in agreement with the Key Account Manager. In this role, you will ensure that consulting projects are fulfilled and delivered in time, at a high quality and within budget.
You will bring value to the customer by analyzing and proposing improvements on customers’ processes, operations, organization, IT or network. Consultants support short and long-term profitable business by interacting closely with our customer teams to identify new business opportunities that benefit both our customers and Ericsson.
• Demonstrate an advanced understanding of IBM Tivoli Netcool
• Assist with planning and execution of unit, integration and user acceptance testing
• Facilitate knowledge transfer of IBM Tivoli Netcool functionality and application functionality to internal customers and teammates
• Design, develop, and implement large-scale solutions in IBM Tivoli Netcool
• Provide best practices around application design, modeling, scalability and performance.
• Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of enterprise class solutions.
• Construct specifications, provide fault isolation and resolution, tune applications for optimum performance, and implement disaster recovery and contingency plans.
• Develop, implement and promote architectural standards and frameworks, allowing for a flexible and scalable environment.
• Document the implemented solution and support the customer with the needed competence development to be able to use the solutions
• To be able develop and design a backup/disaster recovery plan for a monitoring & event management failure.
• Support presales activities, including pre-studies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor / master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT) or equivalent qualification
• 8+ years’ experience in multi-vendor / multi-technology / multi-customer integration to IBM Tivoli Netcool.
• 8+ years’ experience in design / implementing E2E Fault Management Solution based upon IBMs Tivoli suite of Netcool of Netcool like 2-Tier, 3-Tier involving implementation of Netcool modules like
➢ Netcool Objectserver
➢ Netcool Omnibus & Probes
➢ Netcool Dash(WebGUI)
➢ Netcool Impact
➢ ITM (IBM Tivoli Monitoring)
• Analyze the requirements, Design the solution and deliver the quality FM solution enabling efficient end user monitoring, trouble shooting and fault restoration
• To be able develop and design a backup/disaster recovery plan for a monitoring & event management failure
• To be able to customize the FM solution based upon the customer requirements and identify the Service effort
• To be able to Assess systems performance through Monitoring Tool and take appropriate actions as required
• To mentor and groom Solution Integrator/New Joiners so that they could implement projects independently with little handholding
• To have Experience in integrating Netcool with 3rd party systems using both North Bound and South Bound integrations involving 3gpp standard interfaces like Corba, SNMP, ASCII, OSI etc.. and non-standard interfaces
• To have Experience in multi-vendor / multi-technology / multi-customer integration to Netcool
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to lead teams of 4 or more
• Good knowledge of data management best practices and standards
• Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
• Good knowledge of common software design patterns
• Basic understanding of telecom and networking technologies
TECHNOLOGIES / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Web Services
• OS (Linux, Solaris)
• Perl / Unix Scripting
• Netcool Impact scripting language
• Tivoli Workload Scheduler