Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Has overall responsibility for a variety of reporting tasks. Extracts, compiles and interprets key operational and statistical data. Will be responsible for the overall approach to reporting and analysis within the GSC.
- Develop new processes to increase the effectiveness of reporting and consolidate & maintain departmental reports used internally and externally by parties such as to other departments, senior management, etc.
- Develop and maintain new standardized reporting on a routine basis, i.e., define, create, automate, and maintain operational recurring reports.
- Maintain a reporting schedule and documentation of reporting procedures. Generate and maintain control documentation of reporting procedures to comply with governance audits and regulatory requirements. Will also build audit process to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
- Perform ad hoc duties in accordance to business needs
Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 4-8 years of experience required
- Previous experience on a similar Reporting job;
- University graduate (Computer Science, Cybernetics or similar)
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Access, including VBA programming (to manage / develop custom reports)
- Strong knowledge of any popular programming languages (e.g. C#, .NET, Java etc.) would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, SSIS
- Ability to work with strict delivery deadlines and under pressure
- Build / design new reports based on requests
- Create documentation of the new reports and modify it or maintain it for existing ones
- Evaluate the effort needed for building specific reports
- Maintenance of existing reports
- Maintenance of reporting portal
- Maintenance of the reporting environment
Automating procedures for data extraction from the GUI of various tools published on several Citrix farms
- Developing, maintaining and modifying the BI platform used for reporting for the NOC
- Porting of reports from the old reporting system to the new BI platform
- Knowledge of PHP would be an advantage (to manage / develop the Reporting Portal)
- Knowledge of new wave programming for machine learning - like Python would be considered a plus
- Knowledge of Business Objects (to manage / develop reports in BO)
- Knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI or any other reporting visualization applications
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.