Office Manager/Receptionist Americas
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment.
As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Office Manager Americas Responsibilities & Task
Provide remote administrative support to the Head of Americas Real Estate Facility Management.
Provide a high degree of administrative support and service to managers, management leadership teams. Contribute to and coordinates activities in different projects in the administrative area. Act as the team lead for the administrative IT systems when required and authorize work orders, invoices in line with authorization policies and routines. Help optimize administrative efficiency, meet business needs and enable the Real Estate Facility Management team to focus, on the core business.
- Support daily operations with use of Ericsson administrative tools & other general tools.
- Assist with meetings as needed and manage active calendars for team.
- Maintain confidential team records, e-forms and files in accordance with internal company procedures.
- Coordinate and assist with collecting, aggregating and preparing data for various projects.
- Coordinate employee entry and exit administration processing documents and procedures.
- Drive improvement and implementation of administrative routines.
- Network and communicate with other assistants within the organization.
- Plan and organize internal and external e.g. events, meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Support and participate in implementing team engagement initiatives.
New York Office Receptionist Responsibilities & Tasks
Provide executive level receptionist services by communicating and engaging with strong hospitality/customer service practices. This person must have a strong independent work ethic with a friendly approach.
This position will be based in the heart of Manhattan in the Park Avenue office, a three-minute walk from Grand Central station. This 5000 square foot office will be equipped with all the latest technological infrastructure and equipment to support global communications for all types of business gatherings. The office furniture will be our vibrant sleek workplace design which enhances day to day operations and the functionality for senior executive meetings. The office is overlooking New York City. The Receptionist will maintain day to day office operations and support Executives as they travel to and from New York for client meetings and events.
- Must be organized and able to work and operate within a fast-paced and at times, unstructured/independent environment.
- Will need to be a self-starting enterprising person and can multi-task and work multiple priorities at the same time.
- Must have great communication skills, both written and spoken and will work closely with Executive leadership
- Will plan and implement events (conferences, luncheons, dinners)
- Answers incoming calls and transfers them to the appropriate individual or department.
- Assist with conference room set up for training seminars, and workshops including audio and video set up.
- Responsible for keeping up with vendors, contactors for repairs of equipment located at facility.
- Assist with booking conference rooms for off-site employees, customers, vendors or guest.
- General office duties such as ordering supplies, mail delivery, and maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the office.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in planning and implementing events (conferences, luncheons, dinners) or similar career experience working with scheduling and managing meeting and/or similar functions is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills required. Hospitality background is highly preferred.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, as well as with external vendors, partners and suppliers.
- Excellent organization as well as prioritization skills and time management.
- Must be willing to adapt to changes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) PDF file converter, SAP and conference equipment.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Friendly and polite demeanor a must.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || New York || SharedServ
Req ID: 265166