PDU 4G5G LTE-B Sr. System Engineer
We are now looking for a Developer to maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions). Your role will include all development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, hardware design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Work with leading edge technology for Ericsson’s Broadcast solution over LTE
- System Study on the introduction of new feature/function
- Implement the experiment and prototype to test the new algorithm and key functionality in the new solution
- Define and maintain system architecture and solution evolution.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for Ericsson product broadcast over LTE
- Support product managers to clarify the requirements and participate in standardization activities.
- Act as contact interface regarding system issues, represent in external review/discussion, including customer discussion and workshop.
- Act as a solution owner in the team, provide guideline on how functions will be implemented and ensure solution is developed according to defined system architecture
- Co-operate with global colleagues to ensure the correction of e2e solution
- University Bachelor or Master Degree in any of the following majors: Computer Science, Telecommunication, Electrical Engineering with more than four years’ experience in related field is required.
- Two years or more experience in Telecommunication development projects having worked as a System Engineer or System Architect is required
- Wide Telecommunication knowledge (GSM/GPRS, WCDMA and LTE systems) or TV domain knowledge (IPTV, CDN and streaming system) .
- Familiar with Unix OS (Linux or Solaris)
- Familiar with LTE/EPC architecture
- Familiar with streaming methodologies including HLS and DASH. Knowledge on IPTV and CDN will be advantage
- Solid understanding and hands-on knowledge of network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP. Knowledge on RTP, RTSP, Diameter will be advantage
- Solid understanding about product architecture and the design principle behind. Have experience of building a commercial product from scratch will be big advantage.
- Knowledge on 3GPP eMBMS standard will be advantage
- Coding experiences in C/C++, Java , Java EE will be advantage
- Innovative and solution thinking capabilities. Can grasp new technology quickly and work independently, easy to work with and strong team work spirit.
- Good English communication skills (both in written and verbal), able to express own thinking clearly.
- Open minded and willing to take challenge