Benefit Analyst II
We are looking for a Benefit Analyst to lead mainly Ericsson’s 401(k) and Relocation programs as well as support activities for the Voluntary Benefits and Educational Assistance programs. The role is based in Plano, Texas reporting to the Benefits Manager for Retirement and Relocation for North America.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- 401(k) and Relocation specialist for Ericsson’s North American operations for approx. 7,000 employees
- Oversee all aspects of Program/Vendor activities of the company’s 401(k), Relocation, Voluntary Benefits and Educational Assistance programs ensuring that all programs are executed within established time periods and comply with defined standards.
- Work with internal partners (Sourcing, IT, Risk & Legal) on the RFP process when required.
- Responsible for preparing Benefits Directives/Policies as assigned related to the Benefits programs
- Handle marketing/communications of Programs, partnering with internal and external communications teams to promote Ericsson programs and partnerships.
- Recommend and implement approved changes in Benefits programs as necessary.
- Responsible for invoice processing and tracking for all programs.
- Lead vendor quarterly review meetings as requested.
- Will assist with acquisitions/divestitures related to communication of Benefits as requested
- Handle Special Projects for Benefits that require senior level analysis/review.
- Responsible for overseeing 401(k) processes and programs to include review and analyze of participant records and other information to ensure compliance with the plan and includes reviewing records for approval for defaults, audits, contribution issues and death administration, 5500 processing, and other administration issues.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of benefit related legislation, Ericsson’s policies, procedures, and retirement services administered by the vendor.
- Responsible for the annual plan audit related to the 401(k) plan and User Acceptance Testing as appropriate.
- Will respond to Tier 2-3 case work related to 401(k)
- Serve as general back up on Tier 2-3 case work on Pension and Health and Welfare cases escalated from the Ericsson Benefits Center and HR Direct
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiency in in administering the plan
Relocation Program (30%)
- Oversee all relocation processes and programs to include program and vendor management of the outsource provider for Domestic Relocations, Foreign National Local Hires and Short-Term Assignments
- Recommend and implement approved changes in the program as necessary
- Responsible for program reviews ensuring that Ericsson has competitive relocation programs
- Work with Sourcing on the RFP process when requested
- Provide counseling and recommendations to the HR Generalist/Business Partner community, Talent Acquisition, and Managers on program offerings, employee escalations, and exceptions to the program.
- Responsible for internal training of Talent Acquisition and HR Generalists and any reporting requested
- Responsible for reviewing, auditing, and processing of weekly relocation invoices
- Lead weekly vendor meetings and quarterly review meetings
Voluntary Benefits and Educational Assistance Programs (20%)
- Serve and act as liaison with vendors regarding the above plans to include communicating with third parties when issues or questions arise with the different program offerings
- Serves as Tier 2/3 support for employee benefit issues (escalations, covered services, enrollment issues, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent required
- 5-10 years previous 401(k) administration or HR experience to include knowledge of benefit plan design/administration, benefit regulations and employee relations, benefits and relocation program experience preferred
- Aptitude to work and solve complex problems autonomously and attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate complex subjects to broad audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent research, analysis, problem-resolution skills
- Ability to act as Project Lead when needed
- Excellent understanding of Benefits and HR processes
- Proficient with Relocation Program management
- Proficient with applications to include Windows, MS Office, Netscape/Internet Explorer, and HR database applications as required
- Possesses problem solving, interpersonal, presentation and effective time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent communication/people skills; ability to confidently interact with all levels of employees including senior management
- Proactive and service-oriented mind-set
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of individuals both within the Company and vendor organizations.
- Must be flexible, open to change, accountable, creative and able to work in a structured environment
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt; SharedServ
Req ID: 264769