Signal Integrity Prime
We are now looking for Signal Integrity Prime who can work on development digital HW for radio products. Your role will include all development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, digital hardware design, board layout, interface to manufacture, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support, and product documentation. Our focus is on team ways of working. We organize in domain-oriented development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
• Member of a Digital Board development team responsible for providing Signal Integrity (SI) solution for design of Digital Radio Boards of Ericsson radio products
• Priming signal integrity analyzes of digital Printed Circuit Board (PCB), with inclusion of RF and Power blocks provided by other design teams. It will include working closely with layout designers for delivering quality, from perspective high speed signal integrity, physical board representation to manufacture. It includes providing recommendations and create constraints files for placement and routing in-time for layout start.
• Participate in board level integration and verification.
• Provide all required by Ericsson Hardware Development Process (HWDP) technical documentation related to signal integrity
• Work closely with project management on defining, negotiating, and delivering on project HW milestones.
- Basic knowledge on transmission line theory, dielectric behavior, losses and dispersion characteristics, conductor surface roughness;
- Timing Analysis from Signal Integrity perspective, skews compensation, scaling electrical parameters under loading conditions;
- Practical understanding and experience on IO strength and slew rates for typical logic families and across PVT conditions;
- Basic simulation skills and experience how to do what-if scenarios to choose termination schemes, biasing and clock schemes;
- Crosstalk and SSO analysis;
- Timing Budgeting;
- Knowledge of Simulation Tools: Some experience in using HSpice, ADS, HFSS/SIwave, SiSoft, Polar. Capability in doing full board simulations, stack-up and geometries, create simulation netlists;
- Some experience in the design high-speed Digital circuits using HW development tools is an asset for this position.
- Background in circuit design with understanding of principles of PCB board design such: PCB layout, power, grounding, clocking, and signal integrity is an asset for this position.
- Basic knowledge of radio technology and radio specifications is an asset for this position.
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building strong relationships internally as well as externally
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a strong team player.
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, result oriented and ability to deliver under pressure.
- Bachelor or higher degree in a relevant to digital design area, or equivalent experience, preferably with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above mentioned required skills areas
- At least 2 years of experience working in SI analyzes for board design or relevant university background.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 264742