Mediaroom System Integration Engineer-Job stage 6
We are now looking for Mediaroom System Integration - TV and Media Environment – Bangalore , having exp. on Mediaroom /middleware- for TV platform, alticast middleware, kaltura,…. etc. support, needs troubleshooting skill
- 6-10 years’ experience.
- Domain Experience – Media (Multiscreen TV, IPTB, DVB-S/C/T)
- Additional Requirements:
- Min 4 years in Media & Application IPTV Middleware Installation Integration & configuration with knowledge of VOD, CMS, CA/DRM & OTT.
- Deep technical knowledge on one or more of the following disciplines: Media middleware – Ericsson MR, Video compression/Optimization (MPEG-2, MPEG-4), digital video broadcast, video servers, Streaming Technologies, DPI, IP networking, Set-top boxes, EPG, and Web-based client/server applications.
- Incident management hands on . very good in broadcast technique- VOD OTT Domain, DVB, Compression. Encoders packages, multiplex
- Hands on Linux commands
- Networking/IP- protocols knowledge
- Support engineer role (should take a call for issues with customer and taking remote access to resolve their problems related to development /installation. - so knowledge should be their)
- Excellent communication ..
- Networking: data traffic, Router, Firewall, IP network concepts, Load Balancers, DSlam and/or CMTS
- OS: Understand how it works and basic functions/tools to troubleshoot issues. Candidate should know at least 1 OS in depth: Linux or Windows Server
- Experience around server hardware, NAS, disk redundancy, etc.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Networking: How to troubleshoot network issues? Network traces: Capture/Analysis
- HTTP tracing
- Logs: Which logs, how to collect and how/what to analyze/look for
- DB knowledge for a given DB product:
- How to query. How to troubleshoot DB issues (memory, disk space, performance, deadlocking, logs, etc.)
- Deployment skills: WoW are pretty standardized and apply to any deployments (MOP, how to roll back in case of failure, backup, high availability, process, etc…)
- Media experience: A/V core knowledge/understanding: video traffic, encoding (DRM), compression formats (MPEG, etc.), etc.
- OS: Security, SSL, Certificates, Authentication.
- Media OSS/BSS: Subscriber managements, profile management
- Windows Server: Domain management, Active Directory, etc.
- Scripting & coding - Must know scripting well and debugging, creating automation, in charge of deployment (Python, Shell scripting etc)
Analyzes, prepares, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system.
- Review HLD and prepare LLD and Migration Procedures.
- Plan the implementation of the product configuration / integration work.
- Good understanding on Integration within Middleware, Content Management System, Video On Demand & 3PP components (CDN, LB, HTTV, DRM/CAS, STB).
- Understanding / Integration knowledge on CA/DRM/nDVR and other associated Media components.
- Customer integration and support (remote and/or on-site)
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || || R&D
Req ID: 264694