VSPP Integration Engineer (VOD,CDN)Job stage 6
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for Integration Engineer - Video storage processing platform VSPPà VOD- VIDEO ON DEMAND server/CDN/MDN/seachnge, - system integration bag round , n/w, linux, IPTV/OTT- domain.
Job role Classified into -
- Linux:- - Should hands on as a Integrator, as support with Linux commands.
-Who can deployed HP server/ Dell Server
- Networking:- Basics TCP/IP , Server routing knowledge / how can they do routing part/ Basic understanding on routing Protocols- Sound knowledge on DHCP, DNS, NTP
Streaming Protocol hands on at least one of them – HLS, HSS, DASH, RTSP
6-10+ years’ experience.
Domain Experience – Media (Multiscreen TV, IPTB, DVB-S/C/T)
Domain hands on:- VOD Server, DRM Server ,CDN server (added advantage)
Any middleware hands on (NSN/ Huawei)
Application server- JBOSS, ORION, sun glassfish enterprise server
Web server- Apache Tomcat
- Networking: data traffic, Router, Firewall, IP network concepts, Load Balancers etc.
- OS: Understand how it works and basic functions/tools to troubleshoot issues. Candidate should know at least 1 OS in depth: Linux or Windows Server
- Experience around server hardware, NAS, SAN, disk redundancy, etc.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Networking: How to troubleshoot network issues? Network traces: Capture/Analysis
- DB knowledge for a given DB product:
- Deployment skills: WoW are pretty standardized and apply to any deployments (MOP, how to roll back in case of failure, backup, high availability, process, etc…)
- Media experience: A/V core knowledge/understanding: video traffic, encoding (DRM), compression formats (MPEG, etc.), etc.
- OS: Security, SSL, Certificates, Authentication.
- Media OSS/BSS: Subscriber managements, profile management
- Windows Server: Domain management, Active Directory, etc
Leading the analysis and resolution of technical issues arising with Ericsson Media VSPP Integrations.
- Planning and implementing upgrade and expansion procedures.
- Execute integration and migration work.
- Troubleshooting system integration, compatibility, product level and customer ecosystem faults.
- Developing customer facing documentation as needed.
- Communicating customer requirements to our product and engineering staff.
- Analyzes, prepares, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system.
- Review HLD and prepare LLD and Migration Procedures.
- Plan the implementation of the product configuration / integration work.
- Software and hardware equipment installation, configuration and integration
- Execute product configuration.
- Responsible for System upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity.
- Define test strategy, develop, execute and maintain test suites for System Testing, Module testing and User Acceptance.
- Provide feedback to media R&D.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing.
- Stay abreast of on new media technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build.
- Good understanding on Integration within Middleware, Content Management System, Video On Demand & 3PP components (CDN, LB, HTTV, DRM/CAS, STB).
- Understanding / Integration knowledge on CA/DRM/nDVR and other associated Media components.
Ø Only B tech / BE to be considered( Full time).
Ø No BCOM/BA
Ø BSC+ MSC/MCA ( Both full time ) can be considered
Ø BCA+ MCA (Both full time considered)
Ø No diploma holders.
- Creates white papers, describe idea / concept / process, Applying Expertise & technology, Thinks Out of the box
- Autonomous in way of working, Analyzing and digging deep into problem statements, Take’s initiative
- Effective Time Management
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer expectations
- Structured, organized, learns from mistakes and eliminate risks when working in production environment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || || R&D
Req ID: 264678