Operation and Maintenance Manager-TV & Media environment Job stage 7
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for Operation and Maintenance Manager- TV and Media Environment – Bangalore. Single point of contact- SPOC, day to day manage operation, proactive & reactive monitoring, must be knowledge on some products - VSPP/Mediaroom/MP/middleware / technical knowledge - Linux and networking. manager role with hands in skill
- 6-10 years’ experience.
- Domain Experience – Media (Multiscreen TV, IPTB, DVB-S/C/T)
- Interfaces :Customers, Service Delivery Manager, Technical Support/Tier3/Dev staff
- The individual should have an adequate Experience in Media or Datacom and with at least 10-12 years’ experience from Managed Services/Technical Support area within Media industry
- Operations & Maintenance and Service Delivery process understanding
- Multi-skilled covering Technical Media domains
- Troubleshooting on complex IT & Cloud environment with understanding of Media Platforms.
- Should have experience in couple of Media products like Media Room, Media First, CMS (Content Management system), VOD Systems such as VSPP (Video Storage & Processing Platform), CDN / MDN (Media Del network), Media Processing (Envivio, Harmonic, Ericsson Compression etc.)
- New Software Deployment, Release Feature testing,
- Very Good Customer Relationship skills
You will support the following systems and functions:
- Accountable for Operational deliveries towards their respective customers.
- To manage, lead and motivate the Service Centre teams for tasks related to the proper operations and maintenance of customer’s production and testing facilities.
- Assuring smooth shift operations on 24x7 basis for their respective customers and bringing any deviations to the notice of Service Center Head.
- Participate in governance meeting with internal and external stake holders to ensure appropriate engagement.
- Develop operational strategy based on customer requirements and ensure execution of proper hand-over from Project teams.
- Identify service beyond contract i.e. work with identifying new business opportunities and address those through established channels with Business dev teams.
- Develop deep Understanding of Ericsson Media products & solutions and considered to be a Technical Authority by the Customer and Ericsson teams.
- The individual with his/her unique knowledge of technology learns about customer’s TV & Media environment and maintains repository of information for the team members.
- Maintains good knowledge of the customers’ operational and business priorities
- Relays and communicates the information from their respective customers to Service Center team.
- Emergency support (when required)
- Coordination with Technical Support/Tier2, Tier 3 through proper escalation Channels
- Keeping track of all incidents and ensuring RCA preparation based on input from Technical Support, Tier 3 teams for presenting/circulating to customer as-n-when required.
- Participating in Change Control Board meeting on daily basis and review on impacting CR’s for discussion and updating to Service Center Head.
- Developing Routines & Automation of Preventive Maintenance and Health Check Monitoring
- Secure that the preventive maintenance plan covers customer requirements and grant of customer approval, when necessary.
- Validate preventative maintenance actions are scheduled with the Service Ensure that impacts due to forecasted periodic maintenance are reported and agreed with the customer.
- Delivery Manager and executed by the Service Centre in a timely manner.
- Secure Problem Management activities are efficiently performed and are supported by the other delivery & development organizations.
Only B tech / BE to be considered( Full time).
BSC+ MSC/MCA ( Both full time ) can be considered
BCA+ MCA (Both full time considered)
No diploma holders.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || || R&D
Req ID: 264663