Automation Strategy Manager
Automation Strategy Manager
The UK Operate team manage some of the biggest mobile and fixed networks in the UK which really does place us at the heart of the “living communications network” and firmly in the starting block as we look forward to 5G and IoT. Our customers value us for how we deliver and manage their networks and services and the additional value we bring through our insights, technology leadership and global operation. Automation and data analytics are the corner stones for ensuring we stay one step ahead of the competition and become the managed service supplier of choice. If you want to help shape the future of our managed services environment and be part of a leader within 5G and IoT then join Ericsson.
- As the Automation Strategy Manager you will be accountable for the cross functional delivery of Automation within the Managed Service contracts supplied towards the customer networks.
- You will also be responsible for the development, delivery and improvement of the Automation strategy including identification of new automation streams and add-on sale opportunities, ensuring its alignment with the overall managed services environment within UK Operate.
- In this role you will have the opportunity to implement cutting edge solutions which make use of RPA, Machine Learning and AI to ensure we are providing the best in class solutions and delivery within the managed services environment.
- You will be ensuring correct dimensioning of resources required to support current and future Automation processes. You’ll need to formulate and present business case as required to secure necessary funding. Employing effective planning, tracking, reporting, management and cost benefit and performance analysis.
- You should be able to foster a culture which supports continuous development of Automation within UK Operate working closely with managers in the GSC (Global Resource centre) to ensure adoption and sharing of best practice is extended into all delivery units.
- It will be Responsible for ensuring Automation methodology, principles and process are applied during transitioning of new services and networks in to UK Operate.
- Experience working within a customer lead environment with ability to manage customer and stakeholder expectations and build/maintain key relationships.
- Good level of understanding of modern communications networks and services
- Proven experience in driving and owning service improvement and cost reduction
- Proven experience in the Automation domain.
- Proven experience in project and or program management
- Good understanding of ITIL incident, problem, change, service introduction and service design principles and practices.
- Good understanding of Six Sigma framework
- Ability to use database/spreadsheet applications to manipulate data and reports to support ongoing analysis and present conclusions
Key personal traits
- You will be a strong confident leader who is able to manage and empower a diverse team of technical experts, adapting leadership style to best meet scenarios and individuals
- Your communication and relationship management skills will be excellent, and you should be naturally comfortable taking ownership with ability to lead/steer decision making, initiating actions and holding people to account in the delivery of action plans.
- Your strengths should include analytical and strong problem-solving skills, with thorough attention to detail, ability to remain target focussed with exceptional planning skills.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 264609