Media Processing - Support Engineer (Job stage 6)
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
- Networking: data traffic, Router, Firewall, IP network concepts, Load Balancers, DSlam and/or CMTS
- OS: Understand how it works and basic functions/tools to troubleshoot issues. Candidate should know at least 1 OS in depth: Linux or Windows Server
- Experience around server hardware, NAS, disk redundancy, etc.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Networking: How to troubleshoot network issues? Network traces: Capture/Analysis
- HTTP tracing
- Logs: Which logs, how to collect and how/what to analyze/look for
- DB knowledge for a given DB product:
- How to query. How to troubleshoot DB issues (memory, disk space, performance, deadlocking, logs, etc.)
- Deployment skills: WoW are pretty standardized and apply to any deployments (MOP, how to roll back in case of failure, backup, high availability, process, etc…)
- Media experience: A/V core knowledge/understanding: video traffic, encoding (DRM), compression formats (MPEG, etc.), etc.
- OS: Security, SSL, Certificates, Authentication.
- Media OSS/BSS: Subscriber managements, profile management
- Windows Server: Domain management, Active Directory, etc.
- Scripting & coding - Must know well scripting and debugging, creating automation, in charge of deployment (Python, Shell scripting etc)
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Analyzes, prepares, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system.
- Review HLD and prepare LLD and Migration Procedures.
- Plan the implementation of the product configuration / integration work.
- Software and hardware equipment installation, configuration and integration
- Execute product configuration.
- Execute integration and migration work.
- Responsible for System upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity.
- Define test strategy, develop, execute and maintain test suites for System Testing, Module testing and User Acceptance.
- Provide feedback to media R&D.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing.
- Stay abreast of on new media technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build.
- Good understanding on Integration within Middleware, Content Management System, Video On Demand & 3PP components (CDN, LB, HTTV, DRM/CAS, STB).
- Understanding / Integration knowledge on CA/DRM/nDVR and other associated Media components.
- Customer integration and support (remote and/or on-site)
- Support’s pre-sales activities, including pre-studies.
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || R&D
Job details: Support Engineer Job Stage 06