Sr RF Engineer
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We are seeking to hire a Senior RF Engineer in our Pleasanton, CA location.
The role focuses on executing audits and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
The position is applicable for design & optimization of Radio access networks RAN, Services Networks. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
- Leads small engineering teams performing analytical, investigative, and/or network performance improvement activities related to wireless communication systems.
- Performing launches, optimization and audits of RAN and Services Networks to meet customer requirements
- Engage in the pre-sales of services and networks and identify add-on sales opportunities
- Assist in the development of a service proposal
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities
- Collect and document customer requirements
- Be an Ericsson Consultant and suggest suitable future OPEX/CAPEX investments that will benefit the customer networks
- Independently authors written reports and leads development and delivery of technical presentations. Makes significant contribution to more extensive and complex documents, proposals, and presentations.
- Minimum Bachelors degree and preferred Masters, in Engineering (IT, Telecom) or equivalent
- 5-7 years’ experience of network Tuning, Optimization and deployment of 2G, 3G or LTE(4G) technologies in major markets in US
- Deep knowledge of LTE 3GPP specifications
- Good knowledge of call flows and system architecture
- Strong Engineering forecasting ability with cost-benefit analysis.
- Lead experience working cross functionally with Customer and various business groups
- Data analytics expertise
- Strong Business Acumen and Consultative skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- 25-50% Travel may be required
- Ability to Lead large teams.
- Deep knowledge of the layer management of multiple carriers
- Knowledge of 5G, CRAN, eRAN, Machine Learning
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Pleasanton || Consulting&SysInt