System Manager PDU Packet Core Gateway
Who we are
For us at Ericsson it is important that we can bring the networked society to everyone, from metropolitans like New York to the country sides of India. For us, it is important to create possibilities for school children in isolated areas of Bhutan to use remote learning and to be able to enable remote health care for patients in rural Africa. Moving into 5G, providing latencies of a few milliseconds, we will make remotely controlled surgeries possible, and with peak rates of several gigabits per seconds, we will enable even the most remote areas to gain broadband speeds.
We feel a pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and enhancing the lives for billions.
At Lindholmen, in Gothenburg, we are the core of Ericsson Packet Core development with very passionate developers on the mission to create the world’s best Packet Core products. We work in autonomous cross-functional teams with support from Product Owners (PO) and System Management.
- We believe in trust – we trust each other to do the right things. Therefore, we believe in taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible.
- We believe in trying new things and learning from our mistakes. Personal development propels our company growth and collective knowledge. We believe in sharing our insights and helping each other to create an even better user plane.
- We truly believe in happiness, we enjoy and feel passionate about what we do and value each other’s technical competence deeply.
For more than 15 years we have provided the world with mobile broadband. Today, almost half of the world’s population uses our products. We provide terabits speeds and focus now on creating a better tomorrow.
We are responsible for development and maintenance of the user plane, both virtualized, containerized and physical for 3G, 4G and 5G. The department is based at Lindholmen (Gothenburg, Sweden) and we a have tight collaboration with our other parts in Shanghai, Beijing, Madrid, Budapest and Chennai.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun person that is interested in the technical evolution of the product. You would work on the system level of our product with our POs and development teams. We offer you a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues and the organization to further growth.
- You are passionate about what you do which is obvious from your actions
- You have a talent for software development and computer systems. Your love to discuss software development and are comfortable about sharing this knowledge
- You are continuously developing your knowledge through experience, as well as reading and experimentation
- You can drive strategic technical leadership within a cloud execution environment
- You have focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- Software is more than just a job for you
Main responsibilities are:
- Drive system studies, feature analysis for new features and provide support to business regions and development teams
- Identify/improve requirements within the competence area and take responsibility for selected system artifacts
- Identify requirements on platform and coordinate with other Ericsson development parties with dependencies to PC applications (Control and/or User Plane)
- Support feature development through all phases. From a new idea/requirement to delivery (F0-F4) all with close interaction with involved teams
- Coordinate application development activities with Product Owners, Product Line and System & Technology (S&T)
- Engage in SM related process development
In order to succeed, you need to have the following qualifications and skills:
- MSc/BSc level in Computer Science or equivalent level of education
- Telecom and 3GPP knowledge
- Knowledge in Software development and test
- Lean and Agile knowledge
- Customer Understanding
- Business Understanding
- Product Life Cycle Management knowledge
- Requirement Management knowledge
- Relating & Networking skills
- Skill to Adapt & Respond to Change
- Knowledge Sharing skills
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Fluent in English, written and oral
And it is great if you have these additional skills and experiences:
- Knowledge about the EPG and/or MME product
- Knowledge in the VRE/SSR platform
- Knowledge about virtual solutions, cloud infrastructure, VMs, containers
- Customer interaction experience
The following personal skills and abilities are wanted:
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently when needed
- Strive to always be better in what you do
- Strong team player with a drive to push for excellence
- Transparent with your competence; learn and share with others
- Be proactive; drive improvements for the good of your team(s)
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application and come meet us!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 264318