Small Cells Engineer
We are looking for an RF engineer experienced with in building network design and optimization to join Ericsson’s in building small cells engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing in building design and optimization in accordance with customer requirements. Experience performing radio network design using ibwave designer, ability to create a complete BOM inclusive of EPL+3PP, in building walk test optimization, and familiarity with 3rd party DAS and small cell products. Will need to get up to speed quickly on Ericsson small cells products and features. You will be engaged in the whole delivery process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Interface with Ericsson field engineering team and support Site Survey readiness
- Solution development using Ericsson Small Cell products (RDS, mRBS, Pico)
- Able to create optimized in building designs using ibwave (RDS, Passive DAS, 3rd party DAS)
- Familiarity with other design tools a plus
- Comfortable making solution recommendations based on the type of venue
- Comfortable presenting and defending designs to customer and Ericsson Account team
- Attention to detail a must
- Interface and provide guidance to offshore team in support of committed deliverables
- Creation of a Detailed Bill of Materials including Power Plant, Battery backup Antennas, Cables, Fiber, Splitters and Combiners as well as Rack mounting options
- Development of Installation / Construction packages (i.e. Rack layout, cable running lists, physical and logical configuration) prior to CX start
- Support Construction Team by making changes to the design if needed and answering technical questions
- Work with the Supply Team to ensure part numbers and prices are updated in SAP when the design is completed
- Develop RNDCIQ (system integration pre-requisite) prior to scripting and integration
- Support Integration Troubleshooting
- Familiar with Walk Test data collection tools (i.e. FalconSmart, TEMS, etc) and able set up and use
- Analysis of walk test data to optimize venues to meet Design criteria for Coverage and Dominance
- Understand the Ericsson product Releases, Feature Sets, and associated parameters
- Support Optimization of the venue to maximize end user experience and meet Exit criteria
- Development of system As built and project close out documents
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or
- 3-5 years’ experience designing, deploying and optimizing Radio Access networks
- iBwave Certified Engineer – (preferably level 2 or better)
- Knowledge of ASG in building construction standards
- Experience with In Building DAS design using 3rd party hardware a plus
- Advanced technical knowledge in the network area of working (Radio, Transport, Core or Wireline)
- English Skills
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng