Global Forecast Manager/Analytics
We are now looking for a Global Forecast Manager specializing in analytics to join our Global Inbound Supply team based in Nanjing.
Inbound Supply is Ericsson’s central organization managing the inbound supply network. Responsibilities include driving and securing material availability for all Ericsson factories, supply hubs, and contract manufacturers.
You will be part of the team managing and developing Ericsson’s global forecasting system and related analytics functions. It is the system and process used for distributing forecast every week to Ericsson hardware suppliers and factories, to receive forecast response, and to provide analytics possibilities and insights to a large number of users in the Supply chain community.
This is a key system for Group Supply. It covers all internal- and external factories, distribution centers, 300+ suppliers, and has hundreds of active users every day. The information is vital for our ability to secure and control material.
As part of Ericsson’s digitalization strategy, we are now developing and rolling out a modernized second generation of our global forecast system, enabling higher degree of automation, having an extended scope to cover also Supply Chain Management & Planning functions, and setting a good foundation for further digitalization and analysis possibilities within the supply chain. An important part of that is to provide good analysis possibilities for our business end-users by developing powerful views, reports and insights
Ericsson also has an increasing number of active products variants, shorter product life cycles, and a big potential in boosting the efficiency and speed of Group Supply by increasing system support and strengthen our analytics abilities. Therefore, we are now expanding our Global forecast/Analytics team.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Assume a role as developer and super-user of new apps/functions in visualization/analytics software QlikView and Qlik Sense
- Handle both back-end and front-end development
- Be part of the team managing operations of the one forecast system & process. This includes contact with production sites, central supply chain management functions, as well as handling & analyzing data, and providing service to end users.
- Support the ongoing development and future continuous improvements of the new generation forecast-system, Global Forecast Tool 2.0, by creating specifications, testing new functions, and rolling out to end-users.
- Provide data analysis and insights to stakeholders within Group supply
- Participate in projects and process changes related to Ericsson’s forecasting process and the Global forecast tool.
Key Qualifications & Competencies:
- Data analytics, using for example QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, MicroStrategy, BusinessObjects or other similar BI-tools
- Front-end and back-end development using analytics software
- Good SQL skills
- Experience from VBA, C#, or other programming language
- Knowledge in SQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA databases is an advantage
- Continuous improvements of process & tools
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Ability and interest to take initiatives and drive actions
- Service minded and with good analytical skills
- Good ability to communicate in English
- Education: University degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience from analytics or software development
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Nanjing || Supply&Log
Req ID: 264176