Global Dimensioning Manager: Inbound Supply
We are now looking for a Global Buffer Manager to join the global Inbound Supply team based in Kista.
Great buffer management has a very high impact or Ericsson’s ability to produce and deliver to our customers. To fully benefit from the potential upsides in terms of increased delivery performance, as well as reduction of scrap, we are now taking a more active approach to inventory management by creating this new role. Today we are managing inventory worth over 2.5 Billion SEK at a few different locations, and the global buffer manager will be the main person managing that investment. With ongoing initiatives in digitalization and analytics within Business Unit Networks as well as Inbound Supply, it is now a great opportunity to take our buffer management and analytics to the next level. We have also seen for some time how long-lasting global constraints on the component market has been hitting us as well as our competitors, adding to the complexity of managing inventory.
Our Global Buffer Manager will play a key role enabling that. Inbound Supply is Ericsson’s central organization managing the inbound supply network. Responsibilities include driving and securing material for all Ericsson factories, supply hubs, and contract manufacturers from over 300 suppliers. Our ability to take correct and timely decisions and wisely invest the capital budget to secure material short term and long term gives a competitive edge and has an impact on Ericsson’s sales and profit.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
· Set and manage target inventory levels for material at global hubs (Electronics, PCB’s, Connectors).
· Continuously improve methods used for deciding safety stock and buffer levels
· Monitor inventory levels and demand trends and initiate actions to keep desired flexibility
· Know the key technologies/components used in new or strategically important products to secure material availability for parts having significant impact on our ability to produce and deliver.
· Coordinate work with supplier managers and other experts to manage strategic material buffers for critical component categories, considering macro factors and global market trends affecting our current and future ability to purchase material.
· Work with product areas and supply chain management functions to secure end to end flexibility for products delivered to customers
· Coordinate inventory/buffer related activities at inbound supply, and with stakeholders such as hub service provider Arrow, and production sites.
· Manage, own and drive development of buffer management functions and screens in our information systems Global forecast tool and QlikView, or in other suitable way.
· Provide analytics support and insights to management and other stakeholders.
· Contribute in and drive activities to improve the process and tools related to Inventory management, forecasting, planning and analytics, including projects and short terms tasks, as well as researching external sources/best practices and benchmarks.
Key Qualifications & Competencies:
· Inventory management
· Supply chain management
· Analyze data – QlikView and Excel
· Continuous improvements of process & tools
· Material planning – NPI and volume products
· Plan process - S&OP and TDM cycle, Sourcing Workbench, Global forecast tool
· Planning & Organizing
· Ability and interest to take initiatives and drive actions
· Very strong analytical skills
· Education: University degree in Engineering / Business or equivalent working experience
· At least 3 years relevant experience from supply and logistics or analytics
Please apply with your resume and cover letter as the recruitment process is ongoing.
For questions, please contact Richard Tjong at email@example.com
Hiring Manager: Peter Tell
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Supply&Log
Req ID: 264168