Operational Product Owner for the User Plane
Who we are
For us at Ericsson it is important that we can bring the networked society to everyone, from the metropolitans as New York to the country side of India. For us, it is important to create possibilities for remote learning for school children in isolated areas of Bhutan and to enable remote health care for patients in Africa. Moving into 5G, providing latencies of a few milliseconds, we will make remotely controlled surgeries possible, and with peak rates of several gigabits per seconds, we will enable even the most remote areas to gain broadband.
We feel a pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and enhancing the lives for billions.
At Lindholmen, in Gothenburg, we are a small 3-unit-department with very passionate developers on the mission to create the world’s best Packet Core User Plane. We work in autonomous cross-functional teams.
- We believe in trust – we trust each other to do the right things. Therefore, we believe in taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible.
- We believe in trying new things and learning from our mistakes. Personal development propels our company growth and collective knowledge. We believe in sharing our insights and helping each other to create an even better user plane.
- We truly believe in happiness, we enjoy and feel passionate about what we do and value each other’s technical competence deeply.
For more than 15 years we have provided the world with mobile broadband. Today, almost half of the world’s population uses our products. We provide terabits speeds and focus now on creating a better tomorrow.
We are responsible for development and maintenance of the user plane, both virtualized, containerized and physical for 3G, 4G and 5G. The department is based at Lindholmen (Gothenburg, Sweden) and we a have tight collaboration with our other parts in Shanghai, Beijing, Madrid, Budapest and Chennai.
The user plane community has teams and individuals with deep competence within low level programming, optimization and framework design in the IP Connectivity competence area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun person that is interested in the technical evolution of the product, has good communication skills and the ability to take initiatives and drive the user plane competence area. Deep technical skills are not required but are definitely an advantage to be able to prioritize and influence different solutions.
In return, we offer you a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues and the organization to further growth.
- You have the ability to craft clear visions of what you wish to build, and can convey and communicate that vision to others
- You have the ability to say no to unrealistic expectations
- You have the ability to gain solid understanding of users, the market place, the competition and future trends, in order to make sound decisions
- You have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions rather
- You identify bottlenecks in development and remove them, so you and the team can focus on the fun value adding tasks instead
- You set a pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- You have the determination to do whatever is necessary to build the best product possible
- You are prepared to travel when needed
- For you, it’s more than a job
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing and highly autonomous. The teams will design, implement and test the feature, product and system from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
As an OPO (Operational Product Owner) your main responsibilities will be to:
- Be part of the OPO community in the user plane and work close with your colleagues
- Explain “What” and “Why” to the team
- Lead break-down of features into user stories
- Maintain and prioritize the work within the area and the team backlog
- Balance new features, maintenance and improvements as product life cycle responsible
- Secure product quality and maintainability
- Build, maintain and communicate business understanding
- Accept or reject the team’s work result
- Represent your area in department planning and highlight risks in development
We are not perfect and not afraid to say so. We recognize we have many problems which need solving and a long way to go on our journey of continuous improvement, and we believe in trying new things that suits you and your teams, e.g.:
- Software Craftsmanship
- Reserved time for improvements and innovations
- Knowledge sharing from external channels
Technologies we use
To understand our product IP Protocols and Routing in an embedded environment is essential. Most of our product code is C/C++, test scripts are TTCN and Perl and Python for environment scripts.
Our products put high technical requirements on the team including high-performance application development, low latency requirements, multi-threaded/multi-process programming, embedded development, DPDK knowledge. Here is a (not exclusive) list of technologies that we currently use that you need to understand:
- Linux development, working with high performance Linux application
- L2/L3, Routing, 3GPP
- TCP, UDP, L2TP, TLS
- Docker, Kubernetes and basic skills of container-based development
As an OPO you are one of the leaders in the organization and around the teams. As such it is essential that you master servant leadership and have a high interest in people, processes and technologies.
You are passionate about Lean and Agile development and your competence will help us evolve in this area.
We are interested in candidates from any background as long as you have keen understanding of product development and a passion to learn and develop new competences.
- MSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluent in English, written and oral
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great organization and build the Networked Society?
Please send us your application!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 263984