Automation & Tools Manager - JS7
Automation is a rapidly evolving technology area that is expected to mutate, consolidate, and grow. It is important to adapt to ever changing technology landscapes and constraints in ways of working with in large organizations.
The Automation & Tools Manager automates the activities identified and defined in managed services delivery scope for a customer as per approved requirement and high level design (HLD) document created by the identified authority like Automation Architect. The role is responsible for ensuring that the delivered automation provide the necessary functionality and perform in accordance to the overall requirements and to the customer’s expectation.
- Be responsible for automation systems development, programming, and testing.
- Develop automation; keep abreast of latest developments in automation technology and introduce them to wide operations to achieve cost savings and improve productivity.
- Diagnose and repair bugs within production code.
- Contribute in creating high level/low level design (LLD) specifications and other documents.
- Coordinate requirements gathering and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives and stakeholders that use cases accurately portray business needs.
- Contribute to project plan and participate in all project phases
- Automation Architects
- Managed Services Delivery Organization
- Automation Centre-of-Excellence (CoE)
- Service Delivery & Application Platform (SDAP)
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Data engineers/ analysts
- Functional experts, business process owners
Tools & Resources
- Network Management Systems, Element Management Systems, Telecom network architecture and protocols
- Automation tools framework for Command Line Interface (CLI) and Graphical User Interface (GUI) based activities like Robotics Process Automation (RPA) etc.
- Software Development Life Cycles including SCRUM, Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Programming languages (any of these - PHP, Java, .NET, Python, or similar), databases (SQL/PLSQL), scripting languages, Groovy, and web services
- Creating & innovating
- Learning and Researching
- Applying expertise and technology
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Adapting & Responding to Change
Applicable process connected to Job Role
- Agile and DevOps methodologies
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a major in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience as a software/automation Developer (PHP, Java, .NET, Python or similar)
- Knowledge and skills on Relational Database Management System (on Unix /Linux platforms)
- Experience in improving and maintaining automation, robotics, networks, and processing systems.
- Working knowledge of packet networking.
- Knowledge of XML/ XSL/ XSLT
- Technical knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and Telecom environment/ architecture.
- Knowledge of Automation/Software Life Cycle Management
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Thailand (TH) || || Bangkok || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 263884