Env. Health and Safety Manager
Are you bold, willing to recommend innovative solutions and approaches that help ensure employee safety? Do you enjoy providing actionable insights and results that help minimize the risk of injuries? Do you get excited about being part of the growth of a company’s safety culture to where it is engrained in every department? If so, we want you on our team!
We are on a journey towards improving the safety culture, preventing employee injuries, integrating manageable safety processes, and promoting safety support, and we want someone who is excited about being part of preventing employee injuries. As the EHS Manager, you will help transform our leadership and entire workforce by improving and supporting EHS processes and providing insights to our leaders to make informed decisions. We are looking for candidates who are ready to take the next step in their career and be part of our growth toward a Best In Class safety culture.
- Collaborate with all levels of employees and leadership to proactively understand the EHS risks in their area and recommend corrective measure to mitigate such risks.
- Build a partnership with other departments and leaders to understand their risk and proactively drive growth and improve results toward a best in class safety culture.
- Utilize and improve on current tools and data sources to successfully identify and target risk areas.
- Participate and lead special projects and best in class initiatives to support strategic priorities.
- Bring a high-energy, results oriented focus to drive multiple activities in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Leverage and prepare reports and analytics that easily identify opportunities for workforce optimization and transformation, and respective cost impact that allow leaders to make informed decisions.
- Develop executive presentations with analytics and insightful commentary for senior leaders.
- Provide EHS consultation and guidance to the business during workforce planning activities.
- Use leadership and project management skills to drive projects and obtain business support to achieve desired results.
- Utilize benchmarking and best in class ways of presenting and providing analytics and insights.
- Understand how other progressive companies are tackling and using analytics to address EHS challenges.
- A recognized formal EHS qualification e.g. degree or diploma (Example Post Grad / Degree and MSc in OHS Health and Safety Management or NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health, or other recognized certification.) and a Minimum of 5-10 years of experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Experience at working effectively with personnel at all levels in the organization.
- Desire to collaborate with all levels of employment and business teams.
- Experience with using various Database management, Excel, Word and Power Point skills to successfully gather and communicate EHS improvement area to drive improvement.
You might also have:
- Experience in managing the Safety processes of multiple small projects falling under various State and Federal guidelines.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 263844