Support legal department in administration of legal matters, including without limitation, contract management, IP docketing, restricted party searches, litigation hold management, entity maintenance, contract preparation and immigration administrative support. Contract negotiation experience a strong plus.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support tracking of IP annuity/royalty payments.
- Support trade compliance and trade sanction searches.
- Assist clients in procuring contract approvals.
- Prepare standard contracts, agreements and amendments for counsel approval.
- Ensure that clients follow contract formation process.
- Interface with clients regarding specific contract formation.
- Assist with litigation holds and document collection.
- Immigration administrative support.
- Maintain corporate books and records.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred, although experience could be substituted.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a paralegal or legal assistant in either a law firm or corporate legal department required, preferably for an attorney with a primarily transactional practice.
- Knowledge of standard legal department practices, procedures and systems, including file and document management.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and must be able to manage job responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact effectively and professionally with internal and external professionals.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks, prioritize and shift tasks, meet deadlines and work under time pressure.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint). experience
- Contract negotiation experience and Notary Public a plus.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ProdMgt
Req ID: 263824