UDM Customer Support Engineer
The Unified Data Management (UDM) is a real time telecommunication system that facilitates subscription handling and Policy handling within any access technologies. UDM implements the 3GPP HSS, PCRF, providing capability of managing subscriptions in Circuit Switch (CS), Packet Switch (PS), IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), LTE/Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and WLAN networks domains.
UDM solution is Ericsson's commercial offering for managing user data in layered architecture. The UDM product area includes a lot of different nodes on different platforms.
The PDU UDM PIDS (Product Introduction Deployment and Support) organization in Shanghai is looking for skilled engineers that are interested in working with global customer support and system integration for the UDM product area.
We are seeking people with a genuine interest in providing high quality technical support for our global customers. You need to be service minded and always keep the customers interest in mind. Having the right soft skills is also extremely important when working in the PIDS organization since you will have many different stakeholders to cooperate with.
As an UDM Support and Integration engineer your main responsibilities are:
- Handle and drive CSR’s (Customer Service Requests) from global customers.
- Perform troubleshooting in real customer network and lab.
- Take part in on-site installation, configuration and testing activities.
- Be on-call for emergency support handling.
- Verify emergency corrections in lab before they are released to customer.
- Participate in early product deployment projects such as FOA and DVA.
- Have daily dialog and discussions with our interfaces in the Region organization (CNS, GSC) and the PDU’s.
The work requires that you are self-driven and service minded since the quality of our work has a direct impact on the customer satisfaction and perception of Ericsson as a professional company.