Indoor Radio Software Developer
Indoor Business is a strategic area with proven growth – our goal is to continue to expand indoor business. We help our operators with solutions to secure indoor coverage - this is important as 70% of the data traffic in our networks come from users that are indoors. We will also aim to move beyond operators and sell indoor solutions to other industries and verticals - e.g. factories, public safety, etc.
In PDU Radio, Indoor Segment is responsible for E2E development, integration and release of Indoor products and solutions to our customers which includes Radio Dot System, Pico RBS, and Indoor Solutions (Integration to ENM/OSS, Ericsson Indoor Planner, and other tools).
We are looking for a self-driven, results oriented and technically strong software designer responsible for developing and maintaining software for the Radio Indoor product portfolio. Your role will cover all aspects of the software development process including requirement analysis, systemization, design, implementation, testing, integration, verification, design and product documentation, and maintenance.
You will focus on the RDS (Radio Dot System) product family, including the Radio Dot and the Indoor Radio Unit. Assignments could also cover other products for which the PDU Radio Indoor organization is responsible.
We follow Lean and Agile ways of working. We are organized in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work. You will work closely with the system design, hardware design, and integration & verification teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Develop production software for radio indoor products
- Develop and execute manual and automated testing procedures
- Troubleshoot issues and provide corrections
- Support activities primed by other groups such as hardware bring-up, hardware/software integration, performance verification, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Fluent English skills for effective oral and written communication
- Advanced programming knowledge in C and C++
- Intermediate programming knowledge in Python, Java, and shell scripting
- 5 years of experience as a software developer in an R&D position
- Working knowledge of source control and build management tools (e.g. Git, Gerrit, Jenkins)
- Developing software for radio base stations or other telecommunication equipment products
- Applying the Agile software development methodology
- Using Linux as a development environment
- Developing software for real-time operating system environments (OSE, MQX, etc.)
WHY IS ERICSSON A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 263740