Test Engineer IV
We are now looking for an Integration Engineer to analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity. Your work will in part form our customer legacy.
- Reviews requirements or user stories, design, implementation plans, release notes, database specifications, interface control documents, and provides feedback to improve testability of the platform and improve quality at each stage of development life cycle.
- Prepareas or helps team members in preparing detailed test plan, test data, test environment setup and test execution plans.
- Executes tests or helps team members in test execution, analysis of deviations, works with system engineering and/or development in addressing issues, documents any work arounds, collects evidences / test artifacts and publishes the test results. The testing covers areas like service provisioning test, function test, integraion test, performace test, failover test, billing and reporting test, operations / alarms test.
- Coordinates with partner applications in test planning, test data preparation, test execution and issue resolution.
- Prepares production readiness review documents outlining changes to the platform, prepares method of procedures to implement the S/W packages to production, reviews it with support teams, and implements the changes to production systems.
- Prepares hand off documents, provides training on need basis and completes handoff of the platform / new release to operations.
- Conducts in-depth quality control analyses and documents and communicates findings.
- Provides detailed risk assessment associated with quality of new functionality and products to managers and executives for decision making purposes.
- Responsible for providing education and training in quality principles and methodology.
- Implements team facilitation to resolve quaility issues.
- Education: Bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or equivalent.
- 5-10 years’ experience of quality assurance and leading test team.
- Telcom domain experience – contact center applications, advance routing
- Experience with installing / configuring applications in Linux and Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL covering record management (insert/update/delete)
- Experience with open source packages like apache, tomcat, squid, openssl – including installing/configuration/troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with tools like HP ALM, JIRA in requirement/test/defect tracking, reporting
- Familiarity with telecom protocols like SS7, SIP
- Analytical learning and researching skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Planning and organizing skills
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Richardson || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 263723