NMaaS R&D Developer x4
Are you entrepreneurial, a polyglot programmer and a 12-factor app guru? Do you deploy containerized applications to any cloud providers? Are you interested in helping shape & contributing to our new Cloud products? If you are all of these and want an opportunity to grow both personally and technically within a highly motivated and ambitions team, then we would like to meet you!
The SaaS Vanguard Group or officially the Product Development Unit (PDU) OSS Product Development Group (PDG) A4 is looking for highly skilled and motivated engineers to join our R&D teams based in Ireland. The teams mission is to execute the Ericsson strategy with feature development and support, presales, customer onboarding and operations. PDU OSS consists of numerous PDGs who develop OSS features across Network Management, Analytics, AI, Machine learning etc., PDG A4 is the vanguard in leveraging the Public Cloud in the SaaS space.
Currently the main offering in the XaaS portfolio is Network Manager as a Service (NMaaS), which combines the benefits of ENM and the SaaS model. NMaaS provides great benefits to our customers and has the potential to be transformative in terms of our software development and delivery models. Succeeding with SaaS is a priority for the Business Area Digital Services and the Ericsson Digital Services Portal is key to this transformation as the new digital engagement interface.
The XaaS R&D team are now in the launch phase, working with the early customers to deliver an enhanced feature flow experience. This is an exciting time for us and our customers. The portfolio of SaaS offerings in the XaaS portfolio will expand in the coming months to create the new Ericsson SaaS portfolio.
As a R&D team member, you will work together with many development units for new service and product introduction. You will work with Product Owners and Strategic Product Management to ensure the correct focus on delivering the wanted business outcomes. You are expected to work, co-operate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role requires you to take initiative and it is important that you deliver customer value independently.
You will play a significant role in the design and development of micro-services, components, and tools for Ericsson’s next generation, cloud-native Network Management and other future SaaS products. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams.
- Candidate should have strong experience on customer facing projects and work with high motivation to contribute to Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and New Business Generation process. Minimum 5 years relevant IT development experience.
- University degree in ICT/Engineering (Bachelor or above)
- Being part of PDG A4 means you have and maintain high technical knowledge. You share your knowledge and make a key contribution in selected customer engagements. You maintain an excellent network that enables you to perform at the highest level. As PDG A4 is working at the cutting edge, this will provide you with an opportunity and challenge to work with new and emerging technology, continually enhancing your competence while working on projects that are always a top business priority.
- Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Continually strive for excellence and quality with a customer first focus
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Coach and mentor the team to continually improve performance.
- Design, develop, implement and troubleshoot micro-services, components & tools.
- Own scalability, availability and data security for your services.
- Deploy containerized applications to the preferred cloud provider.
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) for your services.
- Deliver end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a cloud environment
- Support the operations team with deployment, support and triaging production issues for your code.
- Continually build competence of new and emerging technology (AI, Machine learning, etc.) to address customers needs in new and innovative ways.
- Entrepreneurial and result driven; makes sure set targets are met
- Interest in exploring new programming paradigms, languages, and patterns
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- High willingness and ability to share knowledge and experience
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent language, social and interpersonal skills to enable communication throughout the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill to resolve challenging issues independently or in a team environment
- Strong design skills, able to present ideas and implement designs to meet the needs of customers
- Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
- CI/CD Skills
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools including Jenkins, Concourse or others
- Build and configure delivery environments supporting CI/CD tools using an Agile delivery methodology
- Create scripts and/or templates to automate and/or bootstrap infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
- Technical Skills – Cloud & Infrastructure
- Experience working with private and public clouds especially Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Azure, VMware etc.
- Experience with building and deploying cloud applications using Microservices, Dockers and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of system integrations with platforms, such as NoSQL db, Redis Cache, and S3
- Experience with container management tools (e.g. Docker, OpenShift), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, CloudFormation), and have familiarity with modern build experience tools (e.g. Maven) and cloud integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Technical Skills - Scripting
- Web services and APIs as in RESTful and SOAP with experience writing Rest APIs and microservices-based applications
- Good troubleshooting and admin level experience on app servers Apache, Tomcat & JBoss, Nginx & relational databases
- Testing & Security
- Continuous integration skills for real-time testing and diagnostics.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD), DevOps and agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Ericsson OSS portfolio
- Knowledge of products in Domain Management area
- Knowledge of ENM is an asset
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Athlone || R&D
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06