Principal Developer: Cloud RAN Network Mgmt and Orchestration
Job Title: Principal Developer: Cloud RAN Mgmt and Orchestration
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
PDU LTE and 5G RAN, is responsible for development, release and maintenance of the LTE and LTE Evolution Radio Access Networks (RAN). In addition, the PDU is responsible for the development and introduction of the 5G RAN and associated products. The PDU LTE and 5G RAN’s mission is to secure growth through effective product development, outstanding time to market for new products and features as well as technology leadership by being first to market with 5G products.
The PDU units are located in Sweden (Kista, Linköping and Lund), Canada (Ottawa), China (Beijing) and Korea (Seoul).
Ericsson is evolving our Radio Access Network and Network Management strategies to leverage the benefits of Cloud-based technologies. We are seeking an experienced leader to help bring emerging cloud-based management and service delivery technologies into the organization and support in their application. A Principal Developer with a strong practical background in SW architecture and delivery is needed to ensure that our Network Mgmt SW can be evolved to be successful for cloud-based deployment. Done correctly, we can satisfy our large customers by delivering a lower cost solution that is easier to maintain.
This position will be place within the PDU 4G5G Product & Architecture organization, where the responsibility for RAN O&M is included.
Position Authority and Responsibility
This Principal Developer role is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the Cloud-based RAN Management and Orchestration roadmaps align with RAN Architecture and Infrastructure roadmaps. For example, ensure that Orchestration use cases are not unduly limited by choices in other domains
- Prioritizing Orchestration use cases and developing a roadmap
- Defining and enabling a software architecture that supports a Cloud-based RAN management system
- Following the latest Cloud technologies for automation and orchestration
- Working with lead customers and assisting with their roadmaps
- Promoting innovation and the development of PoCs to secure Ericsson technology leadership in the domain
- Supporting standardization by driving RAN requirements
- Driving competence boosts on Cloud-based technologies and Orchestration in the organization
- Collaborating with academia to secure that Ericsson is in the forefront using state of the art trends in cloud management and orchestration
- Securing Ericsson awareness and knowledge of industry and competitor status and trends as input to strategy work etc.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
We are looking for an experienced leader, eager and capable of being a leader of teams and willing to take accountability. In this position, skills are required for you to continuously develop, generate energy, coach, challenge and create commitment. The many stakeholders require strong ability to handle relations and to balance a diplomatic approach with being assertive.
- Experience as an NW Mgmt Architect delivering large telecommunication systems (5+ years)
- Experience as an Architect of Cloud-based systems (5+ years)
- Experience in customer facing roles as a decision maker
- Experience leading other technical leaders
- Strong leadership skills in line with Ericsson core values
- Strategic and operational understanding, with good customer understanding and ability to drive and develop your area
- Technical education on university level required
- Find it stimulating to work with teams, and have a genuine interest in technology and be a good communicator. You should also have the ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks
- Business and customer focused with a high accountability to deliver results.
- Good English language skills in both writing and conversation.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log *LI-CH1
Req ID: 263575