FPGA and ASIC Designer for radio applications - Developer
The Digital Radio Implementation is one of several units responsible for the development of new radio hardware. This is part of base stations development within Ericsson for GSM, WCDMA, LTE, 5G and future standards. The team is involved in all parts of the product development process; technical studies, research, pre-development and designs for high volume products.
The main technical responsibility for the team is the antenna near signal processing blocks implemented in ASIC, FPGA and/or structured ASIC circuits.
Your main responsibility is to implement advanced signal processing algorithms in HW using description language (HDL) for our radio base stations. The work covers concept, design, modelling, analysis, implementation, verification and validation
The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Understanding requirements and specifications, and translating them to effective signal processing implementations, to meet the expectations of our customers. This involves implementing, verifying and validating algorithms, targeting FPGA and ASIC devices
- Proposing improvements in our designs
- Writing technical design documentation
- Modeling signal processing algorithms using tools such as Matlab
- Keeping track of new technologies
- Trouble shooting
To succeed in this role, the preferred candidate should be:
- Service minded and self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand ones’ knowledge
- Have a creative and innovative mindset
- Always looking for ways to improve the work
- Enjoys a changing and high-speed environment
- Result-oriented and have excellent communication and social skills.
- A Master’s Degree, or PhD, in electrical engineering, engineering physics or similar work experience
- 1 to 3 years in a Design & Development role for ASIC and/or FPGA, using Verilog or VHD
- Some experience in implementation of signal processing algorithms
- Some experience in translating mathematical models, such as a Matlab programming
- Knowledge of simulation, synthesis (e.g. Synplify, Synopsys DC), timing analysis and place&route (e.g. ISE, Vivado, Quartus, …) tools
- Programming skills (VHDL, Matlab, SystemVerilog/SystemC, Tcl, Python, C/C++…)
- Experience with Xilinx Virtex, Stratix FPGAs, or equivalent
- Taking accountability for the design
- Candidate should be fluent in English
In addition to this, skills that carry merite include:
- Experience in real-time embedded firmware
- Experience in working with vector engine type of DSP’s
- Knowledge of generic radio building blocks
- Enjoying lab environment and taking responsibility from implementation to verification on target.
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter Sara at Sara.email@example.com.
Last day to apply: 7th February 2019
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future. With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today. Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT; R&D
Req ID: 263565