Microservices Software Implementation Architect
PDU OSS is the unit in Ericsson with responsibility for development of telecom Network Management and Orchestration Systems Software. Exciting opportunities exist for experienced software professionals within our R&D organisation.
The Microservices Software Implementation Architect is responsible for realizing the vision for Network Management and Orchestration in areas like Cloud management and Self Organising Networks. You will be designing and shaping our next-gen network management and orchestration products and influencing the technical direction for years to come. You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges which will stretch and develop your technical and people skills. You will work alongside a team of architects, Program Manager, Product Owners, Test Lead and design Scrum teams in defining and implementing the application architecture to bring the vision into realised products.
- Responsible for realising the vision for Network Management and Orchestration Systems architectures in a rapidly changing technology space
- Work hands on with scrum teams in design and development using Microservices architecture
- Coordinate across multiple teams to roll out software architecture and cloud native software initiatives
- Ability to excite delivery teams about technical change and mentor engineers
- Research and stay current with advancement of software technology and methodically introduce them to improve our product
- Lead technical innovation of our products and solutions
- Undertake proof of concepts and conduct software design reviews to ensure the performance, scalability, security, extensibility and maintainability of our software system
- Drive efficient design with clear software architecture documentation and collaboration with teams on implementation
- Degree in Software Development/Electronics or related Science/Technology discipline.
- 10+ years of software development experience with deep understanding of software architectural principals
- Expert in design and implementation of cloud native architectures
- Extensive industry experience in Microservices development
- Deep experience in RDBMS, NoSQL, data modelling and information structure design
- Proven experience in working with Cloud technologies such as Openstack, VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with modern agile engineering processes such as continuous delivery and automation and the associated tooling support
- Understanding of the management challenges of Cloud & IP Networks is desirable
- Ability to drive technical discussion, solve technical problems and steer new product development
- Innovative thinker with creative, resourceful and proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong technical leadership skills to build technical consensus in cross functional multi-cultural international teams
- Customer Focused, Strong Team Player with Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Here is a video of the Ericsson Software Campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiyVS5_-Eg0
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Athlone || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Job details: Developer Job Stage 07