As a Solution Architect (SA), you will be responsible for managing customer solutions utilizing Ericsson’s Activation portfolio. The SA is engaged with the account team from pre-sales and solutioning through design, development, implementation and conclusion stages of the project. The SA should be competent in handling constant changes of scope and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson services professionals as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors. As a SA you will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Market Areas, Product Units, Systems Integration teams as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development and Customer Account teams.
A Solution Architect Experienced mainly interacts with other Ericsson Services Professionals, other groups within the Service Delivery organization, with the customers, engagement practice’s teams as well as the customer units.
Drive high customer satisfaction, add-on sales as well as project success from end to end. Lead and mentor services teams and constantly innovate.
Based on business needs, responsibilities may include the following:
- Analyze complex customer business requirements and formulate detailed requirement specifications that serve to enhance customer's competitive position.
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution. Is able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
- Drive add-on sales and new business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Manage teams of less experienced Solution Architect or Service Engineers in Customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered according to expectations and plans.
- Be recognized as a leader in knowledge sharing communities.
- Participate in technical reviews and provide technical support to our customers, third party partners and Ericsson organizations.
You are accountable for the following:
- Take ownership of the solution from pre-sales to delivery.
- Deliver all services as per the Ericsson Global and Regional (MANA) Processes.
- Expected to travel domestically/internationally and sometimes on short notice with variable durations (30-100 days per year).
- Play significant role in improvement initiatives
- Responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date
- Expected to mentor others
- Actively contributes to knowledge sharing, innovation program and automation effort
- Active in add-on sales
- Lead the delivery team towards successful delivery (quality, on time and within budget).
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in OSS Activation domain with Ericsson Dynamic Activation (EDA) and Ericsson MultiActivation (EMA) including service provisioning, service configuration and Consistency Checker.
- Good knowledge with provisioning methods towards the core nodes (HLR, FNR, AUC), IMS nodes (DNS, HSS, PGM, BWAS, etc.), UDC nodes (CUDB, HLR-FE, HSS-FE, etc.), and charging nodes.
- Experience in gathering & analyzing OSS business requirements and translating them into software design.
- Extensive Experience with Java EE, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Scripting Languages (Bash, Python) and Web Service APIs (SOAP/XML, REST).
- Understanding of TCP/UDP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP & RIP Protocols
- Experience working on RDBMS & NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Good understanding of Openstack, cloud-based deployments, infrastructure and networking.
- Experience in Agile delivery (preferably Scrum).
- Good knowledge of operator networks & business environments as well as Wireless and broadband networks.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a direct customer-facing role in a technical sales role.
- At least 2 years of experience in service delivery costing (Cost Estimates, Bill of Materials)
- Experience in putting together commercial proposals
- Experience in development of business cases an added advantage
- eTOM, TOGAF, ITIL and TM Forum Knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills highly desired
- Excellent presentation skills needed.
- Ability to examine situations from a highly analytical perspective
- Strong problem-solving skills needed
- Strong team leadership skills are necessary
- People management skills needed
- Customer management skills needed
- Negotiation skills needed
- Project management skills a plus.
- Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality
You might also have:
- Eight+ years of relevant experience in a Software or Telecommunications environment where at least 5 of those years are in a Solution Architect position or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
The OSS Activation Team is responsible for solution delivery of the Ericsson Activation portfolio including Ericsson Dynamic Activation (EDA). EDA is a next generation provisioning platform supporting evolving wireless and wireline networks, resilient and dynamic activation, model driven configuration, cloud and virtualization deployment. The responsibilities of this team include scoping, planning, design, development, verification, deployment and integration of customer solution using Ericsson Activation portfolio.