Thesis - High performance IPC/RPC framework for telco cloud native system
At Ericsson Packet Core we’re developing 4G and 5G core network products. With us, you’ll be part of the development of mobile connectivity, enabling all the mobile internet services we use daily. We enable millions of simultaneous connected mobile users and IoT devices, handling huge amounts of data at Gbit speeds. Our products are deployed in the cloud using VMs and containers.
Performance is highly dependent on message transfer efficiency between microservices in cloud native application systems. For a telecommunication cloud native application with strict requirements on e.g. latency and jitter, message transfer efficiency becomes even more crucial. This thesis aims to investigate and explore different cloud message transfer systems in order to find the optimal solution for a cloud native telecommunication application.
The work will include:
• Investigating the state of the art in the area of IPC/RPC mechanism for cloud native
• Exploring different IPC/RPC solutions for microservice architecture to efficiently connect microservices across data centers
• Identifying suitable candidate framework with respect to characteristics of telco application such as delay, jitter, performance, and etc for further analysis
• Development of a test application for basis of performance measurements
• Incorporating message transfer mechanism into the test application
• Doing measurements on the selected framework under different traffic model and configurations
• Student aiming for a B.S.c/M.Sc. or equivalent and with a strong interest in software development
• Programming skills and familiarity with the Linux environment
• C/C++ and network knowledge is mandatory
• Some knowledge about virtualization, containers and Linux is a merit
We will support you throughout the thesis, and you'll have access Ericsson's tools and expertise.
We hope that a well-executed thesis will be the start of a long relationship between you and Ericsson.
In case of questions, please contact the Hiring Manager: Niklas Zetréus firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 263429