Strategy Prime, Transformation
Are you a strategic thinker who, in a world of unprecedented disruption and market turbulence, finds excitement in what we can do to transform our Networks business? Transformation today revolves around the need to generate new value—to unlock new opportunities, to drive new growth, to deliver new efficiencies. All transformations require us to rethink how our enterprise creates value today and, in the future, because incremental improvement is not enough to win in today’s exponentially disrupted business environment. Our organization requires sustained growth in the face of near constant disruption, and sustained growth requires agile reinvention. Do you get excited about thinking BIG and being part of the Networks Transformation evolution to the future? If so, we want you on our team.
The Networks Transformation Strategy Prime is accountable for aligning business transformation to the Networks 2023 Strategy. Our business transformation requires a rethinking of how our enterprise creates value today and in the future. This role requires you to think big because incremental improvement is not enough to win in today’s exponentially disrupted business environment. Our organization requires sustained growth in the face of near constant disruption, and sustained growth requires agile reinvention. It’s not enough for our Networks Transformation to win today, we must be able to continue to evolve in the future.
We are looking for a Strategy Management leader to align the Networks team strategies, portfolio management, new business development, partnering activities and competitive intelligence in conjunction with external customers, partners and industry stakeholders. An effective business transformation means our organization can survive and thrive as we pursue new innovation-driven opportunities that emerge, as we respond to shifting market demands, and as we navigate evolving regulatory complexities. Transformation requires a high level of integration and alignment and this role leads the way.
- Years of service as a leader in business functions: More than 7 years preferred
- Experience with strategy development preferred
- Experience across broad business domains i.e. Operations, Business functions and Finance.
- Masters or equivalent job experience
- Experienced in agile methodology
- Ability to effectively navigate a matrixed reporting structure
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, tactical planning, business management and project management
- Knowledge of industry and products, including Ericsson product portfolio
- Business judgment and understanding of industry trends, use cases and business cases
Performance and Behavior Expectations:
- Experience – Position requires broad knowledge of Operations and business aspects of NPI, Supply Chain, Sourcing, IT and Network Roll Out. Must be able to analyze and act upon trends gleaned from business reporting. Highly developed problem-solving skills are essential.
- Leadership – Teamwork is essential for working with the business partners to understand processes and drive transformation changes. Partnering with the LT members to assess current state and define wanted positions that differentiate Ericsson as the desired business partner.
- Professionalism - Interact with the LT and all peers with sensitive and insensitive information. Be creative and innovative to drive success for the organization while maintaining positive relationships with peers.
The Transformation Strategy Prime (SP) is accountable to support the coordination of strategic planning and consulting on the development of strategic transformation initiatives. The SP is Portfolio accountable to ensure transformation initiatives align to the business strategy planning throughout initiative lifecycle. In this role, the SP will work across party lines to support development of 3-5-year business, organization and work flow tool strategy roadmaps. The SP will provide consulting to the Product Owner, Chief Scrum, and Scrum Masters with regards to charter and scope definition. The SP will coordinate with Global partners to share and align local strategy with global business direction. A positive approach to challenges and willingness to influence transformative level of change is required for success in this role. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following.
- Perform strategic analysis and manage the alignment to Networks strategy, aiming to shape current and create new markets, including market & customer segmentation. Ensure identification and handling of cross-unit strategic issues
- Accountable to provide consulting across transformation initiatives (PO, Head of Transformation, Scrum Master & Scrum Teams) to ensure strategic alignment
- Support Project Category Approval (Priority) process. Aid in creation of the future initiative backlog. Lead the assessment of incoming support requests for relevance and priority
- Conduct market research and analysis, including consumer and market insights
- Advocate for product requirements for market area within the global business areas
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership Competence
- Business understanding
- Customer Relationship Handling
- Negotiation and argumentation
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 263391