Strategic Sourcing Manager
We are now looking for a Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager to strengthen Ericsson’s competitive position by maximizing supplier value, proactively managing business risks and contributing to the creation of value for Ericsson’s Customer.
This is a role where you will be the Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager with end to end responsibility for certain Site Products sub-categories for CU LATAM South.
The Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager reports into the Head of Site Products and Logistics Sourcing (SP&L) for Europe and Latin America.
In this role you will be supporting the definition and implementation of the Site Products MELA Category Strategy in line with the BA Category Strategy, working with the other Sourcing and Category Managers within the Site Products and Logistics Sourcing team for Europe and Latin America, with the CU LATAM South Sourcing team and with the Global Category Teams.
As Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager you will be responsible for all commercial and contractual relationship with allocated suppliers/categories within the Site Products spend area for CU LATAM South, working in collaboration with the rest of the MELA Site Products and Logistics Sourcing Team.
In this role you will work with the Category Group to which you will be assigned, always maintaining a complete and strategic view for your category group across Europe and Latin America.
Key Responsibilities include:
- End to end management of the Sourcing process for certain Site Products categories requirements across MELA and specifically CU LATAM South, in both pre and post sales environments. This includes preparing and running the RFX process (including use of eAuction), evaluating and selecting suppliers, conducting supplier and contract negotiation
- Contributing to margin improvement and profitability through the delivery of cost savings (including Full Potential) for CU LATAM South
- Supporting and implementing low cost suppliers/ alternative solutions which will deliver cost savings
- Creating and implementing a sub-category strategy for Europe and Latin America, in line with the global category strategy but taking into account geographical and project specific requirements. The aim of the category strategy is to deliver margin improvement savings to the Customer Units in MELA
- Developing a supplier strategy for key Site Products suppliers across MELA and specifically CU LATAM South, in line with the Supplier Management Framework
- Degree in Engineering or in Business or in Supply Chain Management
- English essential, Portuguese essential
- Broad experience in purchasing (buying products experience would be a plus)
- Strong negotiation experience
- Knowledge in the telecom product market would be a plus
- Business Integrity and compliance with business ethics are essential
- Commercial thinking
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Persuading and influencing
- Consultative skills being able to orchestrate and enabling efficient decision making
- Applying expertise and technology
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Working autonomously
- Contract negotiation Skills
- Pricing and terms and condition negotiation Skills
- Ability to run end to end Procurement Process
- Commercial Acumen & Skills
- Communication Skills
- Financial Acumen & Skills
- Local Laws & Regulations Knowledge
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Brazil (BR) || || São Paulo || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 263293