UDM Solution Architect
UDM Solution Architect
1.1 Ericsson Overview
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
1.2 Job Summary
Ericsson is undergoing a transformation to an ICT company. This will involve working with new customers and markets as well as new areas within existing customers requiring the adoption of new technology and different business models. To accomplish this, the business must manage existing customers and projects while building competence and implementing systems and processes that accomplish this objective.
The main purpose of the Solution Architect in this position will be to work end to end across the UDM (and often wider Telco Core & Cloud) Portfolio, playing a key role in 5G UDM implementations. To gather customer requirements and develop compelling propositions delivering unique value to customers. The Solution Architect will through work across the complete sales and delivery cycle from creation of initial demand through refinement of the proposition to delivery of the final solution.
The wider TCC portfolio covers:
· UDM (HSS, HLR, CUDB, EIR, UPG, AAA) including virtualization of all nodes.
· Hardware solutions (COTS –e.g. Dell, HP, CISCO and Ericsson proprietary – e.g.HDS8000 & BSP 8100).
· Cloud Execution Environment (Virtualised Infrastructure Manager) – OpenStack based
· Enriched Communications , Unified Communications, Messaging, RCS
· VoLTE, ViLTE & VoWiFi
· Data Centric Security
· Prime Integrator
· Third Party Systems Integration
· Switching (MSS)
· IMS Core (CSCF, MTAS, BCE, SBG)
· Diameter and STP signaling control
· Regulatory Solutions
· Intelligent Networks
· Data Centre Transformation/Modernisation
The Solution Architect is expected to be able to understand and gather customer requirements, scope solutions and manage the solution into delivery across Software, Hardware and Services. They will take the role of Customer Solution Responsible (CSR) and work together with other members of the Ericsson CORE THREE sales governance model (Account Commercial Responsible (ACR) and Customer Fulfillment Responsible (CFR)).
Ericsson works with near shore and offshored technical experts (Bid Office) who work under the direction of the solution architect and are expected to undertake much of the detailed solutioning, dimensioning and compliance statements. The Solution Architect is required to manage the resources involved in presales and to devise and manage OPEX within this budget.
An example of this role would be to develop a UDM solution requiring in-depth analysis of requirements, feature/capability mapping and dimensioning, as well as overseeing the end to end solution requiring coordination of domain experts from OSS/BSS, TV & Media and Managed Services. This would be followed up by customer presentations and further refinement of the solution to reach contract. The Solution Architect would be engaged during delivery as part of the Core 3 to clarify aspects of the solution, manage customer expectations and attend governance meetings and maintain the solution as change requests are received and drive ‘add on’ sales. In addition they may be involved in the detailed design and HLD/LLD preparation as well as providing design support throughout the delivery execution.
Most of Ericsson’s customers operate physical UDM network functions, however a transition is in progress to provide virtualized Network Functions and to modernize the central office and data centres where the network functions may be hosted. The Solutions Architect must be adept in physical network functions but also be comfortable and experienced in the network function virtualisation.
While this is undoubtedly a highly technical role, what differentiates a high performer will be the soft skills required to win over the customer, account and virtual teams including the ability to demonstrate behaviors relating to self-awareness, self-regulation, social skills, empathy and motivation.
1.3 Responsibilities & Tasks
· Business Creation by articulation of the TCC value propositions to customers.
· Thought Leadership to challenge customer beliefs.
· Presentation of industry trends and market challenges.
· Gathering customer requirements to develop into customer solutions.
· Developing Solution Descriptions to form commercial offers.
· Formulating services strategies to deliver the proposed solution in a cost effective and reliable manner.
· Responding to customer RFPs incorporating Solutions Descriptions, Dimensioning
· responsibility for the END TO END solution scope
· Models, Statements of Compliance, Statements of Work, Time Schedules, scoping and costing.
· Drive the solution resources and provide leadership to the technical Subject Matter Experts (SME).
· Negotiation with customers on the technical aspects of solutions in order to balance the functionality (value) offered against the customer budget.
· Leadership of the solution team to estimate and manage presales OPEX budgets.
· Customer presentations.
· Responding to customer technical questions and managing the technical agenda.
· Managing the software customization process (Market Development (MDE) study and ordering process)
· Managing the solution during delivery including customer expectations according to original requirements.
· Driving add on sales.
· Analyzing the impact of and feasibility of change requests
· Creation of the hardware and software order carts, including raising exemption requests to the Product Units when required
· working with legal teams to create contract technical annex(s)
· Ensuring customer satisfaction with the solution during delivery and handover.
1.4 Position Qualifications: Core Competences:
· Broad and deep knowledge and experience in complex UDM solutions
· Mobile network e2e technical
· Network Function virtualisation (incl VMWare and OpenStack)
· Industry understanding
· Customer requirement gathering
· Sales Process knowledge
· Leading virtual teams
· Solution scoping and requirement interpretation
· Services scoping and estimation
· Interpersonal Skills including verbal and written communication excellence
· Commercial awareness.
· Problem solving
· Conflict resolution
· Highly developed personal traits including self-awareness, self-regulation, social skills, empathy and motivation.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 263290