Principal Developer in RAN Test Automation
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions.
Product Integration & Release PIR is a Product Development Unit at Ericsson responsible for the integration and release of 4G & 5G RAN products and we are now looking for a Principal Developer in RAN Test Automation. The RAN Test Automation Principal Developer has the authority for and by that is responsible to drive the development of the test automation on RAN (Radio Access Network) level including automation of interfaces towards components such as vPP (Virtual Packet Processor), ENM (Ericsson Network Manager) and ONAP (Open Network Automation Platform). In the role responsibility lays to maintain the vision, the strategy and the roadmap for RAN automation development.
The test product includes the 4G & 5G RAN products, the test environment with tools and frame work, and the test cases. Examples of components in the test environment are the CI framework with GIT and Jenkins, the test frameworks and tools like traffic load generators, channel emulators and CCN (Cellular Coaxial Network) which is an air interface simulator.
The technical leadership of the Principal Developer is required due to the multi-site operation where interaction between sites, teams and other external organizations is needed. Cooperation with similar roles within Ericsson is expected to synchronize activities within the field of operation. By simplifying the overall test automation including test cases, test scenarios, test tools, test scheduling, interoperability between included components and product testability, we aim to become more flexible and faster in adapting our feedback depending on product changes and faults.
The Principal Developer in RAN Test Automation will have the following responsibilities:
- Set and maintain the vision, drive strategy development and deployment for test automation and the roadmap for an all automated product flow enabling continuous deliveries to customer networks on an hourly basis
- Drive alignment with and put requirements towards other organizations and stakeholders such as test enviroment services, including roadmaps for supporting frameworks, tools and CI framework.
- Drive continuous improvements in the test product for example simplification of the end to end test environment architecture, availability, visualization, evaluation of test results and implement improvements
- Contribute in the development of new methods and usage of new tools within the area and drive troubleshooting capabilities and observability in test product and in the system under test
- Maintain and develop the competence within the test automation community taking input from other units within Ericsson as well as outside the company
- Education: M.Sc. in Software Engineering or comparable knowledge
- Min years of experience: 5 years within Test Automation
- Domain experience: Extensive knowledge in Test Automation
- Deep SW Development knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Well spoken and written English
- Excellent business understanding
- An innovative mindset and openness to trying new ways of working
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 263263