Ericsson is the world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. An opportunity has arisen for traineeships in the Field Services Operations (FSO) team in Victoria to contribute to delivering new projects for our valued clients
We currently have multiple opportunities for traineeships in the combined role of rigger and technician. These placements are initially for a 24 month period combining full-time work with Ericsson with part time work during completion of studies. There will be opportunities to secure employment after completion of the traineeship.
We are seeking Stage 2 students of the following:
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology Mechatronics stream
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology - Electrical
- Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
Reporting to the Line Manager, the technician/rigger role is responsible for performing physical and manual activities, working at height, installation of steelwork, installation of hardware/software systems and implementing upgrades. You will learn and carry out maintenance and repair of radio access nodes and core network transmission equipment on operational telecommunications networks. A key component of this role is to interact with other members of the build team, project staff and varying groups within the Ericsson organisation.
Candidates with ability to demonstrate the following will be positively viewed:
- Ability to read and interpret technical construction drawings
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Positive study performance
- Effective team-working
- Appreciation of work health and safety obligations
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of telecommunications - radio access networks and optical/microwave transmission
- Flexibility in working hours
- Driving licence
- Willingness to work away for 1 to 2 weeks at a time when not studying.
What’s on Offer
- Good remuneration and the opportunity to complete your studies while gaining industry training and experience
- Chance to start your career with a global leader in the telecommunications industry
- Diverse and supportive work environment that is collaborative and encouraging to all.
We offer a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders.
In Australia and New Zealand, we are known for delivering "World-1st" projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers, including Telstra, Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA), Telecom New Zealand and NBN.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world's biggest challenges.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia with a valid work visa or be a permanent or citizen of Australia.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Melbourne || IT