Cloud System Administrator
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Ericsson is seeking a Cloud Application&Infrastructure Engineer to join the Infrastructure team, headquartered in Ericsson GSC Romania, Bucharest. This individual will help build and support the infrastructure powering Ericsson IoT Accelerator -- multitenant system deployed in Cloud with the ability to host various Enterprise Grade IoT Platforms.
This position will play a key role in facilitating the organization's rapid growth by designing and implementing Cloud achitecture and security models for multiple, integrated products, as well as finalizing migration from different current cloud instances to a centralized ecosystem.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- The Cloud System Administrator is responsible for the administration of all technical aspects of the Cloud solution of the IoT Acc platform;
- Work with the IoTAcc TechOps teams to design, maintain and enhance Ericsson IoTAcc cloud footprint including account management, system architecture, network structure, reference architectures for different workloads;
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the cloud infrastructure and perform break&fix activities for P1-P4 incidents;
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise and participate in root cause analysis and work to prevent future occurrences;
- Installation of the application components and the patching and/or application of hotfixes required to maintain the stability of the platform;
- Manage the performance and availability of the systems;
- Provide support for production and pre-production environments including day to day maintenance tasks required to maintain the stability of the platform;
- Performance tuning and monitoring;
- Create and maintain system operation manual and procedural documentation;
- Act as an escalation point and coach junior staff;
- Lead project efforts through full lifecycle, including requirements gathering, scoping, implementation, and operational handover;
- 2+ years of professional experience in the administration of large scale enterprise and/or hosted environments
Experience in administration of Linux servers;
- Hands-on experience with Public/Private Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, OpenStack), basic network skills, IAM-based security models, logging and auditing, as well as high-level familiarity with a broad range of Azure/AWS services;
- Strong working knowledge of web application technologies (multi-tier web application architecture, common protocols like TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DNS, Load balancing) and related Cloud services;
- Demonstrated ability to automate tasks through scripting (Bash, Python, etc);
- Good knowledge of web servers and technologies: Apache, NGINX;
- Knowledge of automatic deployments using Docker or VisualOps;
- Experience with monitoring tools – Zabix, Nagios, Cacti;
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable qualification;
- Experience in a 24x7x365 data center and with cloud/SaaS technologies;
- 5+ years experience implementing and supporting fault tolerant, highly available networks in a multi-tier, multi-tenant environment;
- Hands on security experience pen-testing networks and applications;
- Hands on experience with Python, RabbitMQ, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker Swarm, Kibana, Semantic DB technologies and Portainer.io as automation tools, object oriented programming concepts;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills;
- Ability to work in a dev-ops methodology with remote multicultural teams;
- Analitycal thinking and strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to accurately estimate level-of-effort based on requirements/specifications;
- Ability to prioritize across multiple projects and meet deadlines;
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; SharedServ
Req ID: 263172